GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
i like runaboveit's chop, but i think you should try to make the headlight blend with the panel it'd pop out from, the shadows and highlights you did show that it's more like a closed eyelid.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I figured since the C5 wasn't I would do it the same way. I think a 98+ Firebird style front lip would look out of place. If you look closely you can see a slight bevel along it and the outline is slightly darker than the body panels indicating in my opinion flip ups. Any darker or thicker and it starts to look odd. Tho, if someone wants to modify it they can. :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was going through my recycle bin and decided to give a go at the actual lights before I deleted it. I didn't spend much time on doing any realistic details, but its something..

(it looks better if you put your hand in front of the pic and cover the other light :p

·
Registered
7,316 Posts
Man those are ugly. It's almost impossible to tell the c6 and c5 apart in that one (well, sort of anyhow) :) Looks like GM made the right decision.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
If the new Vettes had pop-up headlights, IMO the cover should slide to the side instead of poping up like the Firebirds & T/A's, like the Jaguar XJ220's headlights do. XJ220s and C6 Vettes have similar looking headlights when open

1 - 20 of 22 Posts