GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I forgot that someone else made a Monte Carlo, don't mean to step on anyone's toes, heres mine:

·
Registered
316 Posts
looks nice but it looks too much like a four door car that just had the rear doors welded shut...it doesn't really look like a coupe.

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
Originally posted by 3eb@Feb 20 2004, 09:27 PM
looks nice but it looks too much like a four door car that just had the rear doors welded shut...it doesn't really look like a coupe.
yeah... doors are kinda short... might need some suicide doors (à la ion) to sqeeze back there!

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
tahoe, I love you like a son... but you cant use the same car for 2 concepts.
I liek the present monte over both yours and the other guys concepts.

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by bigals87z28@Feb 20 2004, 05:41 PM
tahoe, I love you like a son... but you cant use the same car for 2 concepts.
I liek the present monte over both yours and the other guys concepts.
Its actually not the same exact car. This is based on the Calias. It is a sedan, but I took a lot of length out of it. If I took out anymore, then the people sitting in the back would have 0" of leg room...either way its pretty much a cooler looking GTO.

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its all good...the more critisizms I get, the easier it is to fix it...here is version two with a more coupe like rear window

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
$h!t....I'll take that over the current clown faced MC..nice job Tahoe!

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Originally posted by Canuck+May 14 2004, 09:31 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Canuck @ May 14 2004, 09:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-GEO4@May 14 2004, 08:51 PM
Thats just a GTO.
A Geo Storm owner making fun of the GTO
NOW THAT IS A GOOD ONE
Next you can attach the Vette's styling [/b][/quote]
way to not be an a$$. ;)

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Originally posted by Canuck+May 14 2004, 05:31 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Canuck @ May 14 2004, 05:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-GEO4@May 14 2004, 08:51 PM
Thats just a GTO.
A Geo Storm owner making fun of the GTO
NOW THAT IS A GOOD ONE
Next you can attach the Vette's styling [/b][/quote]
He didn't make fun of the GTO.

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Actually, the GTO's styling is great today, but on second thought, I really doubt that a car with today's GTO lines will be viable in 2007.

I'm expecting something totally different. Hopefully closer to some of Holden's more recent (as in the last year) designs. Rounded designs are beginning to be associated with the 1990's.

As seen in this concept - even with edgier styling, Holden is still somewhat bound in its design to the lines of the Commodore / Monaro.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
think new gm products using holden platforms, need their own sheetmetal all the way around. so the products have their own identity.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts