GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used your riv concept as the basis for this. I couldnt find the original copy of this car to base the chop off of, so I just changed around that picture. Please dont be upset. I know you can get angry if someone takes your pictures and cuts them up.
with that being said, what I did was I moved this and that around and about 30 mins later I got this... how do you guys like it?

again, sorry rex.

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
I accept your apology, but I don't like your chop.
You need to spend more than 30 minutes on a chop.

The door line is wrong. it doesn't look like the window would be able to open without sliding forward first.

I don't like how you chopped up the back. Doesn't look real. Doesn't look like the trunk or back seat would be of any use.

Your wheels are very jaggy too. Looks like you took small wheels and made them bigger. that generally doesn't work.

-
You couldn't find the original? What kind of car were you looking for?

Was it this? Cuz this is what I used:

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no, that is actualy the last car I probably would have thought you based your chop off of... but I should have guessed when I saw the big twenty-fo's. I thought you had choped up a SS concept actualy... the front nose looked very familiar.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
like rex said, rear end is too angular and small, reminds me almost of the corvette....anyway...I have to agree that it looks very camaro-like

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Rex:
I thought you based it off the Sixteen, I thought the wheels were a "Too-Easy" Give-away though... :lol:

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
i actually really like the proportions of this car. definitely a 2-seater with that roofline. i like how the window line angles down but the door character lines angle up... looks very purposeful to me.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

put the ferrari 612's roof on this one. Anyone have an idea on how to bring the fender/wheel size?

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
The 612 is not the answer. It may carry a few of the characteristics ur looking 4,but that's not a good candidate 2 base the Camaro off of.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
612 roof looks killer, might just be me but the windshield is a bit too sloped for my taste, but that's just me

·
Registered
316 Posts
version 2 looks pretty dang good, only problems being the wheels and the rear side window sorta resembles the 05 mustang :unsure: and the windsheild slope thing....not sure how i'd change the side window, the chop looks great though.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by bakerna@Mar 3 2004, 03:07 AM
612 roof looks killer, might just be me but the windshield is a bit too sloped for my taste, but that's just me
sure. anyone else can too. I guess we have our own little GM design board. Someone makes one, then someone takes it and adds there touches, we look at it, we dont like it, we go a different way...

Maybe we can eventualy send it in to GM?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Camaro's, with the exception of the 1st gen, have always had a single side window. No B-pillar. Maybe you'd consider blacking out the B-pillar in this design?
Maybe narrowing it down too, or a combination of the two.

And the wheels are just too big for my tastes. Looks unrealistic to me.

Everything else looks pretty good. The tough part is the front fascia. It's impossible to make everyone happy with that.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by jknudson98@Mar 3 2004, 04:33 PM
Camaro's, with the exception of the 1st gen, have always had a single side window. No B-pillar. Maybe you'd consider blacking out the B-pillar in this design?

And the wheels are just too big for my tastes. Looks unrealistic to me.

Everything else looks pretty good. The tough part is the front fascia. It's impossible to make everyone happy with that.
time for a change then!!
That rear section will be WAY to wide and have a blind spot of a tractor trailor. I was actualy goin to make it longer!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Originally posted by bigals87z28+Mar 3 2004, 04:57 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigals87z28 @ Mar 3 2004, 04:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jknudson98@Mar 3 2004, 04:33 PM
Camaro's, with the exception of the 1st gen, have always had a single side window.  No B-pillar.  Maybe you'd consider blacking out the B-pillar in this design?

And the wheels are just too big for my tastes.  Looks unrealistic to me.

Everything else looks pretty good.  The tough part is the front fascia.  It's impossible to make everyone happy with that.
time for a change then!!
That rear section will be WAY to wide and have a blind spot of a tractor trailor. I was actualy goin to make it longer! [/b][/quote]
Definitely...I agree with you. I meant de-emphasizing it somehow, like changing the color (not removing it), or narrowing it a little. That's all.

You definitely made the car look better with the newer roofline.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
alright, here's the story, longer hood, less raked windshield, and recentered wheels, sorry they were just really bothering me. but yeah, let me know what you think.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
wow, really nice man. It looks like the greenhouse is too small now? Thats the only thing I can see whats wrong. And someone needs to bring thoes big 24's down to size. And now that I looked at it again, its starting to take on the Mustangs fast back look... ewwwwwwwww..

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
someone else is gonna ahve to the wheels...I've tried three times and each time it looks like some kind of freakishly mutated matchbox car

1 - 20 of 22 Posts