1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
isn't doing anything for me ;)

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
...rex buddy ol'pal I said Camaro, not firebird. 612 into the Camaro, Camaro CAMARO, the Chevy version....

I dont like this, why does it look like its a piece of taffy and it was stretched?

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know you said Camaro. It started as a Camaro, but as I was doing it, Firebird cues kept creeping in. I can't imagine that a Camaro would be all that different.

Anyway, for everyone else, here's version 2.

It could be a hatch or not. I wasn't thinking hatch when I designed it.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Originally posted by Rex Raider@Jan 15 2004, 03:22 PM
Reminds me of the way the Holden Monaro of the 70's was designed to look like a cross between a Firebird and a LeMans or Malibu... A mish mash of U.S. GM design elements.. of which many actual parts were recycled on these Australian cars after production runs in the US.

Personally this does absolutely nothing for me... It does not say Firebird. It says just another *******ized photochop...

If anything the fastback roof looks like the 1970's Ford Maverick 2-door. I am sure J. Mays over at Ford would be interested in this rendering... :roflmao:

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
In case anyone was wondering, aside from the taillights, this car shares nothing at all with any Holden or GTO.

The Ferrari 612 was the "donor" vehicle.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Originally posted by Rex Raider@Jan 15 2004, 05:09 PM
In case anyone was wondering, aside from the taillights, this car shares nothing at all with any Holden or GTO.

hmm-- never would have guessed.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
to me the lights look very mustangish to me....actually...the whole damn thing looks like someone stole a mustang and stuck one end onto two monster trucks and then floored the gas...the damn thing's stretched out and low...and far too wide....kinda like a pancake...nice try...but it just doesn't work :flush:

·
Registered
830 Posts
Originally posted by Rex Raider@Jan 15 2004, 06:09 PM

Judging by the first concept, I was thinking Jaguar X-Type. Sorry, it's not my cup of tea.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Originally posted by bigals87z28@Jan 15 2004, 05:05 PM
...rex buddy ol'pal I said Camaro, not firebird. 612 into the Camaro, Camaro CAMARO, the Chevy version....

If it was a Camaro it wouldn't look any better based off of this ugly piece of Euro-trash. I dounno about U,but I don't want anything "EURO" in my Camaro or Firebird! (though there will never B another 1 :( )

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Originally posted by casket_demon+Jan 16 2004, 03:59 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (casket_demon @ Jan 16 2004, 03:59 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bigals87z28@Jan 15 2004, 05:05 PM
...rex buddy ol'pal I said Camaro, not firebird.  612 into the Camaro, Camaro CAMARO, the Chevy version....

If it was a Camaro it wouldn't look any better based off of this ugly piece of Euro-trash. I dounno about U,but I don't want anything "EURO" in my Camaro or Firebird! (though there will never B another 1 :( ) [/b][/quote]
quick tell that to GM designers back in the 60's when they were making the 2nd gen!! HURRY BEFORE IT BECOMES THE BEST SELLING GENERATION EVER!! Damn it too late.

All cars bow to ferrari's styling. Rex, really you didnt have to change up the actual body pannels, just tweek the front end, side, and lower part of the rear. Other then that it would look great. The tails are very Chevy already, the front fenders are nice, and you could do something with the grill. The Camaro did its best when based of Ferrari and other Italian coupes in 70. Ferrar makes the best looking cars. I have yet to see one true ugly Ferrari. They just all have that Italian flare that I guess your average Amercian finds too fancy. If the next Camaro looked like a 612, Id buy one. Better then that retro crap fords got.

·
Registered
316 Posts
i'm with bigals...all ferrari's are pretty much quite gorgeous, i guess i'm not sure the design works as a GM car, but your chop doesn't look too bad rex, i think if you called it something other than a firebird or camaro people wouldn't mind it. it really looks quite sharp, i noticed the ferrari influence instantly.

·
Registered
373 Posts
That actually looks like what the new chevelle should look like. Look at the back how it swoops down like a 70 or 71 chevelle

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
I like the long nose, short deck of the ferrari that harks back to the old camaro's of the first, 2nd and third generations. The 4th gens didnt have that. Long nose, short deck or hatch. Thats what the next camaro should look like.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts