GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
TaHoE, are pictures available. Your comment about an awesome interior infers that you have seen pics.
I am not familiar with the Zeta platform. Can you provide some information?

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Originally posted by 69nova@Feb 22 2004, 11:35 AM
TaHoE, are pictures available. Your comment about an awesome interior infers that you have seen pics.
I am not familiar with the Zeta platform. Can you provide some information?
I think TaHoE just said what he has heard, not seen... I don't know of any pics yet... And the Zeta is a new RWD platform for Holden, that GM is going to use for several American cars..

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
No I have not seen pics. As NSAP stated, I am only saying what I have heard. The interior is said to be very refined with subtle touches of metallic trim. This is for a future Chevrolet coupe. The Monte Carlo is said to die in '09 and Lutz has said that the Camaro isn't coming back. This may be a big steaming pile of BS though, so itll be a Camaro or a Chevelle. Zeta platform will be modified version of platform currently under the GTO. It will be an all-new design, however it will use design elemnents from the ZF(I think thats what they call it) chassis which is under the Commodore/Berlina/GTO/etc...

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
will the Impala be built of the same platform? or replaced by am SS look alike (not a bad thing)

i think they should have two the caprice a full-size rear-drive car for the old people sense buick is moving up market and an the impaa a sports oreinted rear drive car (SS car)

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Whatever it may become, let's us all hope it doesn't resemble the curent 1 in anyway.

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
This information seems odd. The stuff I have has the 2006 Monte Carlo being a revised version of the CURRENT model (MS2000 platform, FWD, V6 engine) but offering an optional V8.

Chevrolet is getting a Zeta coupe and convertible, but it's in addition to the FWD Monte Carlo...and will follow the new Monte by a year or two.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Did I buy too soon?
The MC could hold a v-8 with no problem in the RWD mode. Maybe if it looks good, I'll buy another in 2007!
As long as GM doesn't re-badge another Holden car and call it good (or a Saab for that matter).

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Originally posted by TaHoE@Feb 22 2004, 06:37 PM
No I have not seen pics. As NSAP stated, I am only saying what I have heard. The interior is said to be very refined with subtle touches of metallic trim. This is for a future Chevrolet coupe. The Monte Carlo is said to die in '09 and Lutz has said that the Camaro isn't coming back. This may be a big steaming pile of BS though, so itll be a Camaro or a Chevelle. Zeta platform will be modified version of platform currently under the GTO. It will be an all-new design, however it will use design elemnents from the ZF(I think thats what they call it) chassis which is under the Commodore/Berlina/GTO/etc...
Zeta is a Moddfied Sigma chassis.
And the holden chassis isnt ZF... thats a transmission.
Its something like VX and or VY. Holden calls Zeta VE.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I hope the Monte Carlo turns out to be a cool car, because the GTO is awesome but is limited. 18,000 a year RWD GM muscle cars is not enough.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Tiptronic is all I ask for a Monte lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts