GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
That is sweet. I love the Silverado SS fascia on it . Suits it just right. Looks like the 87 Monte Carlo. Is that what you based the chop on?

·
Registered
756 Posts
eeewwwwwwww....there goes the sleek styling right out the window, that design would look better as an El Camino. Sorry but it just doesn't look right up front.

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
Originally posted by SS4EVER@Feb 20 2004, 01:39 PM
eeewwwwwwww....there goes the sleek styling right out the window, that design would look better as an El Camino. Sorry but it just doesn't look right up front.
guess it's a personal thing, but i LOVE that front end! mean and aggressive... it'd scare other cars off the road. as for sleek... a car with that much 'tude doesn't need to be sleek. it'd take this over a GTO!

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Originally posted by bakerna@Feb 20 2004, 08:57 AM
all you suckers saying the magnum looks bad...haha...look at you all now XD
be careful saying ALL, i love the look of the new magnum/300. if chevy doesn't come thru with a RWD fullsize sedan by the time im ready for a trade, the 300 is something i'll be looking at.

as for this monte carlo Ss, its ok.. the more i look at it, the more it grows on me. but it shouldn't look exactly like the truck front end.

·
Registered
571 Posts
...is it me, or have we seen this before? ;)

·
Registered
316 Posts
yeah i think we've seen it before. as for the design itself...an exact copy of the truck front end won't work on this car. i think if you used the lights and girlle from the crossbar up that it would look pretty good...it would look more car like, but this just doesn't work all that well.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
be careful saying ALL, i love the look of the new magnum/300. if chevy doesn't come thru with a RWD fullsize sedan by the time im ready for a trade, the 300 is something i'll be looking at.

as for this monte carlo Ss, its ok.. the more i look at it, the more it grows on me. but it shouldn't look exactly like the truck front end.
WHen I said all I meant everyone who said that the magnum was ugly, I too quite like it's styling.

It does look vaguely familiar...
I did a chop just like that, it's a magnum coupe...only this one has a chevy grille...I used exactly the same base picture actually...

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
Originally posted by bakerna@Feb 20 2004, 09:30 PM
I did a chop just like that, it's a magnum coupe...only this one has a chevy grille...I used exactly the same base picture actually...
have you posted it in another topic? lets see it :)

personally i think the magnum and 300C are different 'in your face' than this SS... the DCX pair are just big and brash for the hell of it... this SS looks much more purposeful and thought out, in my oh-so-humble opinion :)

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Chevy should not do a car that looks like a truck. The Silverado will look different by the time a new Monte Carlo comes out so why base a new car on an old truck design. It makes no sense even if you like the look it would be a big mistake.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I feel if they're gonna use the family styling, lets use the family snoz....I'm partial to the 83-88 MC SS's (having had an '86) and that look is (to me) classic and somewhat timeless.

As for the design, tweaks are subtle, but the overall design is a converted Magnum, with reworked fenders, rear quarters, tires and the shortened nose. I had posted this one before, in the Chevelle contest section, along with another one of my favorite models, a Laguna S3. Lemme know if you want to see that one as well.... :drevil:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts