GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Monte Carlo SS. A few months ago the Service Tire Monitor System came on. The Left rear tire reading was blank. I took it back to the dealer and they said the sensor was bad and replaced it. Just recently the Service Tire Monitor system warning has come back on with the right rear tire reading blank, but other times it is left rear blank again. Is this just the sensor in both wheels or is it something else? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Banned
158 Posts
the problem could be one of several things,it could be a bad sensor but is most likely with the rcdlr and antenna.these are the parts that recieve the signal from the tire pressure sensors but they also are the antenna for youe keyless entry/remote start if you have it.there is a new updated antenna and keyfobs,the rcdlr has changed part numbers and there is a new calibration for it as well.I am a Chevrolet tech and have dealt with this issue many times on w body cars(impala /monte carlo) If your vehicle is still under warranty it should be fixed free of charge. Reference bulletin number 07-08-52-001b hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
yeah they are annoying, but all cars have to have them as of 08. government mandated, have to have some form of tire pressure monitoring on the vehicle.

thanks to ford and firestone for that, the transportation board has mandated TPM systems because of there fiasco.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts