GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
I'm afraid so...

I don't necessarily agree with all that...

one; as a parts manager...that means lost potential business

two; I know how fuels can become contaminated with sediment, especially with ethanol in the mixture...so I for one would miss that "security blanket"...but I've yet to hear of any big issues arise because of it...
no filter??? are you kidding me?! who made that decision!!! lets just clog our injectors....

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
But GM states the in tank filter is self cleaning to a point. Tank too dirty, plugged filter.
tank filter schmank filter!

inline fuel filters please, I've gone through 3 since I've owned my truck for 4 years. Can't hurt to change them yearly. There's all kinds of sediment in gas! if it does get past the tank filter, there's no stopping it!

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
I completely agree that every car should a replaceable filter.But the quality of fuel is much better now.I mean fuel is about $3 bucks a gallon across the country.I would hope it is pretty clean etc.I guess the problem comes when you have older tanks etc..Another reason GM is eliminating fuel filters is purely environmental.They do not want raw gas fumes entering the air,and also old fuel filters in the garbage.Another thing to take away from us tech's.
Id hope that $3 /gal means its quality fuel too. But how do we know? They've been screwin us for awhile, I'm not going to trust what I can't see.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.