GM Inside News Forum banner

2006 GTO Judge

1K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  CyberianHusky 
#1 ·
I know plenty of concepts have been made for a Judge version of the new GTO. And Lutz has all but said that there wouldn't be a "Judge" package for the GTO. But I thought I would give it a shot for myself.
  • In this rendition you should notice the bisected twin port grill (as on the 69 Judge) with chrome trim and a set back screen.
  • Hood scoops for Ram Air induction.
  • A hood mounted tachometer. A retro style single piece spoiler.
  • "The Judge" pin striping and logo.
  • If you look closely you can see the Judge logo embroidered into the headrests.
  • And of course the car comes in a modern interpretation of Carousel Red.
HERE COMES THE JUDGE!

#4 ·
I am still shocked that they came out with the GTO in the first place, so let them take it one small step at a time. It would be cool to come out with a Juge for some sort of anniversary though, although with the price on the GTO as it sits, it might become a bit expensive for enthusiasts, but if you are a real enthusiast you probably dont see the MSRP, only the Judge embroiery and badging. I have to say that rendition of the Judge was sweet though.

#5 ·
<_<

#6 ·
The line across the grill, running horizontally is unneeded. The 69 GTO had a similar line but maybe yours needs to be made less obvious. The hood scoops are too large. If the GTO gets hood scoops they need to be modern interpretations not just scoops for the sake of scoops. The hood tach is retro but why bother, in the sixties gauges were different then today, a retro touch but like the original more trouble then it is worth. How often did the tach work? Rain, closing the hood? If Pontiac did another Judge let it be like the ZO6 Vette, understated and let the engine and suspension improvements do the talking. Using the Z06 styling as a basis. Small badges, different rims, unique colors like the original and your concept. My final suggestion bigger wheels and flared fenders, much like Holden has done with the GTS and GTO Monaro.

#7 ·
Looks like Rice, got some chop sticks... <_<

Nothing against the artist, it started of with a rice platform.

#8 ·
Still working on it a little bit. But here's a slightly different version with a color line up. I lost the tach, ditched the grill bars, put in a new airdam, changed the fog lamps, gave it blackened mags, widened the rear wheel(s), moved the logo, and replaced the scoops.

My next task is to try and lower the car a bit. Oh, and I might give the flared fenders a shot.

#9 ·
The orange one looks alright....

#12 ·
I agree, GM should never resurrect the hood mounted tachometer. However a full function Head-Up Display would add enough of a nostalgic view from inside and would add a technological presence at the same time. I love GM’s great past as much as anyone, and I still wonder if the 1800 window air conditioners GM had in the old headquarters were Frigidaire, but seriously, when looking at the world auto market, something has to give. It’s up to the executives to decide: basic muscle cars that will be killed by insurance or moderate to racy, yet well equipped cars that are acceptable to insurance and daily drivers. GM Performance Parts can keep things exciting, but we can’t live in the past.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.