GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
• 2006 Charger = 4 full-sized doors (with a fastback style body)
• Rear wheel drive, AWD ?
• LX platform
• WILL BLEND ELEMENTS OF BOTH '99 CHARGER AND AIRFLITE
• 5.7L Hemi V8
• Auto or Autostick (no Manual trans. at least for year 1)
• Blown 5.7L or NA 6.1L HEMI in 2nd year, probably with manual tranny
• Will be available with a police package called Enforcer ?
• Circular Steering wheel
• Replaces Intrepid as bread & butter large Dodge car
• Price range $24K-$38K US
• Will have a "Whatcha lookin' at front?!" and a "See ya later" rear end
• Will be liked as much as the original Chrysler Corp 99 version
this is from another board. The poster also linked this photo.

http://www.chargerforums.com/attachment.ph...attachmentid=41

·
Registered
710 Posts
There's been a bunch of speculation in every direction.
Some say it mimics the '99 concept, some say no way.
DC is going to get hell if this car ends up being a poser
with all of the delays and hype that they are getting...

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well, the 2+ton 300C ran pretty goo 0-60 times of 5.3 and high 13's in the 1320. Thats quite awesome. The Charger should be a lot lighter, but honestly, if GM balks on the Camaro, This will by my car.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
i like the ideea, but when I hear the charger name, first pops up the 68 bad boy from bullit... it's like a 4 door roadrunner, a no-no.

this aside, I would get this thing over the ugly 300 any day/night.

6.1 hemi manual you say?? here I come...

DC, do the wise thing and drop the extra 2 door on that one, then just watch the poor rustang biting the dust...

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
remember, this is still dodges sedan that will replace the Intrepid...so dont think of it as a Mustang...think of it as a sedan.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Originally posted by bigals87z28@May 2 2004, 09:04 PM
well, the 2+ton 300C ran pretty goo 0-60 times of 5.3 and high 13's in the 1320. Thats quite awesome.
Remember, that is running on 2.82 gears, too!
The 300C really runs good w/ 390 ft-lbs of push.
The 5.7 would be awesome in a lighter car with
some better gears. LS2 competition! ;)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Why the hell do they have to call it a charger... there was never a charger 4 door.

If they really feel the need to ressurect a nameplate, why not call it a coronet... it'd actually have some relevance since coronet's were 2 and 4 doors.

:argue:

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
Before 1999, there wasn't a four-door 300 letter car either. How about a 4-door Impala SS before 1994? Four-door Mercury Marauder before the current model? The original Duster was a two-door...and re-introduced in 2-door and 4-door hatchback styles.

I'd rather have a 4-door Charger. It's better than the Charger (Omni) of the 1980s. I don't have a problem with this at all...in fact, I say bring it on! Four-door models are more useful, anyway.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
That drawing looks pretty good. Now if they only add a two-door model, even if it's a little late, DC would be set!

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Looks like a Stratus on steroids.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Many are saying that the front will look like the NASCAR Dodge and the back half will look strikingly similar to the 99 Charger concept. The about rumors are more the ones that we have heard over and over again.

·
Registered
760 Posts
I have been waiting for this darn car to come out since 99 when I first saw it at the NYC Auto Show, I have written Dodge about it posted it on every board and now it is finally gonna be released. I really wanted the original 1999 version to come out but alas that is not possible due to the new 300 platform. I spoke to a rep at this years auto show and they said it will be released fall of next year with the Hemi engine as an option, and it will resemble the 1999 version (4 doors and all) Popular hot rodding made up some concepts of what they think the car would look like (Both 2 and 4 door version) and I gotta say I was very impressed. I would take there version, but I am truely not feelin' the version in the pic above. Here is the popular hot rodding version website where you can see more pics and read the whole article. I have waitied so long for this car I hope they do it justice, four doors or not...

Joe

Popular Hot rodding Charger

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I am not to sure on the four doors. Might be interesting. A fast family car.hmmm...
I would still have to dodge it though,you know loyalty to GM and everything. As long as the camaro is out by 2007 I'll have know worries. They better not even think of a 4 door camaro or else!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts