GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard rumors the 2005 Tahoe will have a navigation system available. Can anyone confirm? If so, any details on it???

·
Registered
315 Posts
Yes, it is true. It will be a touch screen with the option code of UM8. I don't have any other details yet.

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
While it's still a single CD unit, it has a separate drive for the DVD, so you don't have to take your CD out just to use it.

Ghrankenstein

·
Registered
723 Posts
Originally posted by Ghrankenstein@May 27 2004, 07:19 AM
While it's still a single CD unit, it has a separate drive for the DVD, so you don't have to take your CD out just to use it.

Ghrankenstein
Facinating!!

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Originally posted by Ghrankenstein@May 27 2004, 07:19 AM

Ghrankenstein
Sounds like the one used in the STS.

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Originally posted by TaHoE+Jun 21 2004, 07:17 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TaHoE @ Jun 21 2004, 07:17 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Ghrankenstein@May 27 2004, 07:19 AM

Ghrankenstein
Sounds like the one used in the STS. [/b][/quote]
I doubt that it will be that good... Let me do some research..

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Some fast research :lol:

The navigation system is not going to be DVD-based according to GM's online ordering guide.

Sound system, ETR AM/FM stereo with CD player, Touch-screen Navigation Radio (TNR), includes seek-and-scan, auto-tone control and Radio Data System (RDS)

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
My guess is that this will be the same one that they put in the 2005 Grand Prix

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Most likely. We had a 2005 GM vehicle information thing up here a few weeks ago. It said that quite a few vehicles (Chevrolet, Pontiac, GMC) were receiving GPS/Navigation Systems, so most likely, all of them will be the same.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For what it’s worth----My dealer told me it would be the same system they are using in the Cadillac SRX :unsure:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
For what its worth…..I just bought the 2005 Tahoe w/ the navigation system. You can’t play a cd and run the navigation system at the same time. There is only 1 cd slot. Don’t know why the engineering wizards couldn’t have figured that one out.

Also, as this is my first go round w/ a navigation system, it doesn’t impress me. While the system works well on major thoroughfares, it stinks for driving around town. If the driver is not on a major road, the system will not give turn-by-turn instructions.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is insane. So you mean on a long trip you can't listen to a CD if you need the NAV. That's crazy. I assumed it was a 6cd changer and one of the disks held a DVD that you referenced to the nav system. Is there an external antenna for the GPS? Can you still have the rear seat control over the CD for the kids?
Thanks. Sorry this seems to be relatively lame. Can't believe Caddie and Corvette owners would be okay with this, but maybe everyone listens to XM radio on long trips? Oh, so that raises another question, can you not have XM due to this new unit?
Thanks.
Jake

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
I got a brochure from my local GMC dealership in October 2002 when my father was buying a brand new Sierra. Anyway, they had a picture of a Yukon Denali with the Navigation system, so I assume it would be the same unit for the 2005 Tahoe.

·
Registered
146 Posts
The issue is that there is not space in the center stack of the IP to get the external 6-disc changer in anything else.

Get XM in place of the CD's and you will be much happier in the long run.

As to the navigation - I have only lost the turn-by-turn when I have been up north on private/fire roads, or in new subdivisions that were not on the maps last year. I also ran into the Rt 50 bypass in Delaware that was not on the disc in the GMC XUV that I was driving. It picked up the turn by turn as soon as I was back on the known roads.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts