GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Well, Tahoe, it looks like you weren't correct about the Arc/Linear/Aero thing (this information makes no reference to trim lines except for I6 or V8). The black one is a I6 model (as evidenced by the twin-spoke wheels; the black with 6-spoke are photochopped on). I must say this car is sharp! I'm not sure which of these colors looks better. I definitely like the satin trim look on the black model, but at the same time the smoked headlights and black grill give the silver a nice contrast. Either way, they both look good. I do hope they offer aluminum trim on the interior; that would make it perfect. And those 6-spoke wheels for the V8 definitely look good. I'll be interesting to see how it performs though, seeing as how they are pushing it as the "sporty" GMT360. I wouldn't expect it to perform on par with, say an X5, but if it can keep up with some of the car-based models, I'd say they have a winner.

·
Super Moderator
10,859 Posts
I think it looks nice -- much better than I was expecting from GM on short time to be honest -- I was looking for a mildy warmed over Envoy or something -- this thing looks much better and I think GM did a good job.

Side note: bigals87z28 -- I saw the plate petition in your closing and found it interesting -- so I signed it. I hate that stupid law in NJ -- not necessarily b/c of the fact that it ruins the front look of a car but b/c so many states have gotten along without it that I don't understand why NJ needs them. I know we're the most densely populated state in the Union and no doubt some cops think it's necessary, but I not so sure about this -- to me it's just more revenue to write up tickets for folks who don't have them. Just my thoughts on the matter.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Originally posted by heat_fan1@Apr 6 2004, 11:27 PM
The black one is a V6 model (as evidenced by the twin-spoke wheels; the black with 6-spoke are photochopped on).
What makes you think they are Photoshoped on? :huh:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Originally posted by PontiacJ8+Apr 7 2004, 04:41 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PontiacJ8 @ Apr 7 2004, 04:41 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-heat_fan1@Apr 6 2004, 11:27 PM
The black one is a V6 model (as evidenced by the twin-spoke wheels; the black with 6-spoke are photochopped on).
What makes you think they are Photoshoped on? :huh: [/b][/quote]
Well, I guess it's possible that they switched them around during the photoshoot, but on the side-profile picture, they don't look real. And it's not uncommon for wheels to be photochopped around in studio pictures.

·
Registered
43,810 Posts
That ain't too shabby at all.
The dash looks intersting. IS that fake wood? Too bad they couldn't change the shifter. That's abit gaudy. BUt otherwise... not too bad.

·
Registered
43,810 Posts
That ain't too shabby at all.
The dash looks intersting. IS that fake wood? Too bad they couldn't change the shifter. That's abit gaudy. BUt otherwise... not too bad.

The rear is very classy. I like it.

·
Registered
812 Posts
All the pics help! Thanks.

This new Saab is nice! I look at it and I'm not reminded of the other GM SUVs off that same platform...that's a good thing. I like the optional V-8 for the shorter wheelbase. I only wanted the Rainier for its V-8, but the Saab looks a lot more sportier. I see a Saab test drive in my future....

·
Registered
522 Posts
I went to the NYIAS, this past Monday. I got to view the 9-7 in person, and found it to be a really attractive vehicle. It certainly does not look a Trailblazer, from the front, or in the interior. The rear-end is the only link to the lesser GM SUVs. Overall, it looks (from a visual standpoint) to be competetive with the BMW X5, and Volvo XC90.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I really want to like it but seeing that Chevrolet steering wheel with a Saab emblem in the center of it kills it for me. Just throws everything else off.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Originally posted by mrbig@Apr 23 2004, 08:19 PM
I really want to like it but seeing that Chevrolet steering wheel with a Saab emblem in the center of it kills it for me. Just throws everything else off.
Same here....I would've preferred the 9-3's steering wheel instead.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts