GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
I liked the old grille better. Its still not bad looking, but I like the other better. This one looks like a chop job.

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
I love the new, less angular Aztek-like grille.

It looks like it is straight off of the GXP version from SEMA 2002.

The ribbing accents on the front and rear bumpers looks out of place now.

VERY nice.

Too bad it's a Toyota. :p

·
Registered
613 Posts
LEATHER! DANG IT, my wife and I shoulda waited. We got a Matrix (she's Japanese and perfers Toyota) but we seriously liked the Vibe. I like the new front facia but they should have smoothed the rest of the car out a little to go with it IMO. Did anyone notice that the dash gauges were no longer ALL RED? Nice touch IMO.

The Vibe is a damn good car to begin with. Hopefully this will help Pontiac (one of the GM divisions that is headed in the right direction) sell it with lower incentives.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Looks pretty nice.....I kinda liked the all red gauges. Red is the pontiac color.

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Originally posted by Sgt Beavis@Feb 1 2004, 09:07 AM
LEATHER!  DANG IT, my wife and I shoulda waited.  We got a Matrix (she's Japanese and perfers Toyota) but we seriously liked the Vibe.  The Vibe is a damn good car to begin with.  Hopefully this will help Pontiac (one of the GM divisions that is headed in the right direction) sell it with lower incentives.
My lady is Japanese, too, and she prefers Pontiac.

"Why drive a Japanese car when I am in America?" she asks. She wants a big displacement engine and lots of torque.

As a point of interest, Toyota sold the Vibe design as the Voltz in Japan, chose it over the Matrix's styling.

·
Registered
8,861 Posts
I'm pretty pleased with the subtle changes to the Vibe, only because this is an example of a GM vehicle (nee Toyota Matrix) that really does not need attention paid to it. It was fine the way it was, with the possible exception of past deficits (e.g., no option for leather seating), though that seems to have been resolved.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Woah! Those changes are VERY suttle with the exception of maybe the front facia.

Interior looks the same. I'm having to look very hard to see changes there. The new radio looks better.

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
So, uh, it's different than the current Vibe, right? :unsure:

I can see the subtle changes--barely--but it sounds like GM is kinda' making a big deal about them. What am I missing?

·
Registered
613 Posts
Originally posted by Ming+Feb 1 2004, 02:15 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ming @ Feb 1 2004, 02:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Sgt Beavis@Feb 1 2004, 09:07 AM
LEATHER!  DANG IT, my wife and I shoulda waited.  We got a Matrix (she's Japanese and perfers Toyota) but we seriously liked the Vibe.  The Vibe is a damn good car to begin with.  Hopefully this will help Pontiac (one of the GM divisions that is headed in the right direction) sell it with lower incentives.
My lady is Japanese, too, and she prefers Pontiac.

"Why drive a Japanese car when I am in America?" she asks. She wants a big displacement engine and lots of torque.

As a point of interest, Toyota sold the Vibe design as the Voltz in Japan, chose it over the Matrix's styling. [/b][/quote]
You're wife has a point about buying American in America but the Matrix is American :)

It's just sold by Toyota of North America.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Originally posted by Sgt Beavis@Feb 1 2004, 10:39 AM
You're wife has a point about buying American in America but the Matrix is American :)

It's just sold by Toyota of North America.
Matrix is American? It was my understanding that the Matrix/Vibe is based on the Corolla platform, using Toyota engines/transmissions.

-C

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Those rims are sooo ugly.

Too bad theres no 2.4L or small V6---1.8L is too small.
Still kinda like these things thhough.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Originally posted by 91 s-10baja@Feb 1 2004, 06:21 PM
The Vibe is built in California, the Matrix is built in Canada
I stand corrected. The American Matrix is built in Ontario. However, the Voltz (the Japanese version of the Matrix) is built in California next to the Vibe and exported to Japan.

BTW, most of the body parts for the Matrix and Vibe are built at a separate California plant.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts