Deletions

Exterior color - (47U) Polo Green Metallic
(PDD) Comfort and Convenience Package
(PCK) InfoTech Package
(PDK) GT Sport Appearance Package
(PDL) GTP Sport Appearance Package

New Features

Exterior color - (26U) Blue-Green Crystal
(PDE) Comfort and Info Package, includes (CJ2) Air conditioning and (U40) DIC/Trip computer
(PDF) Comfort and Infotech Package, includes (CJ2) Air conditioning, (U40) DIC/Trip computer and (UV6) Head-up Display (HUD)
(US8) ETR AM/FM stereo with CD/MP3 player
(US4) ETR AM/FM stereo with DVD-based navigation system, includes 6-disc CD changer
(QB5) Wheels, 16" (40.6 cm) Black painted steel, with bolt-on wheel covers
(QP1) Wheels, 16" (40.6 cm) aluminum, polished, 5-spoke
(QD1) Wheels, 16" (40.6 cm) aluminum, painted
(N85) Wheels, 17" (43.2 cm) aluminum
(QP2) Wheels, 17" (43.2 cm) aluminum, polished

Changes

(AP3) Remote vehicle start is now available on all models

--------------------

Pontiac Vibe

Deletions

Protection Package
Exterior color - (13U) Satellite (Silver)
Exterior color - (15U) Shadow (Charcoal)

New Features

Exterior color - (14U) Platinum (Silver)
Exterior color - (90U) Moonstone (Charcoal)
Programmable door locks
(UE1) OnStar
Tire Pressure Monitor
**** Vehicle Stability Control System, StabiliTrak
Leather seating surfaces (available in Graphite only)
Side curtain air bags
Integrated subwoofer included in (PCR) Moon and Tunes Value Package
New fabric patterns in Slate and Graphite

Changes

ULEV2 Emission standards on base engine
Passive suppression advanced air bag system on passenger side

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Finally, a navigation system in the Grand Prix! Still, I'm not a fan of it because of that backseat but it's good that they're adding features that the competition has! Plus, the Vibe looks even better now. Side-curtains, leather seating, OnStar...sweet.

·
Registered
275 Posts
still needs duel climate like the old one...thats one thing i miss from my moms that my roommate doesnt have...but yay for nav. now, just some hid or projector and hids and we have everything the import people complain about...

·
Registered
922 Posts
I thought that they had fixed the back seat? but I too would not like a car and certainly not buy if its back seat was too low and firm.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Originally posted by LGRpup@Apr 11 2004, 10:07 PM
I thought that they had fixed the back seat? but I too would not like a car and certainly not buy if its back seat was too low and firm.
Yes, the did fix the back seat but it's still very low, has no toe space, and it's not very supportive. Hopefully the G6's will be better. Still, the GP is a good car.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
wow, DVD nav! Whats with the GT and GTP appearance info? All there is are some badges?
I wounder if there is any link between the HUD and the DVD Nav? HID lights would look cool too.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
The new GP is a great car in search of a better interior design. Especially the "sitting on the floor" feeling in the back seat and lack of room. Plus the dash has that cheap looking bumpy texture and is rather plain on the passenger side. Also where is the rear seat folding armrest and cup holders like on the 97-03 generation? Don't get me wrong I love the exterior, the awesome chrome rims and the bullet proof 3800 s/c but the interior is what gives me pause on purchasing one.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Originally posted by ponchoman49@Apr 13 2004, 06:59 AM
The new GP is a great car in search of a better interior design. Especially the "sitting on the floor" feeling in the back seat and lack of room. Plus the dash has that cheap looking bumpy texture and is rather plain on the passenger side. Also where is the rear seat folding armrest and cup holders like on the 97-03 generation? Don't get me wrong I love the exterior, the awesome chrome rims and the bullet proof 3800 s/c but the interior is what gives me pause on purchasing one.
Same here...

·
Registered
210 Posts
Originally posted by Rex Raider@Apr 11 2004, 06:53 PM
Pontiac Vibe

Deletions

Protection Package

New Features

I love the color re-naming strategy. Does GM have any openings in the Thesaurus department as I think I could do the color naming job. How about "Not Quite Smog" for the '06 "charcoal, and "I've got a shiny quarter" as the new term for silver?

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Originally posted by 72lemanscvbl+Apr 13 2004, 08:33 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (72lemanscvbl @ Apr 13 2004, 08:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Rex Raider@Apr 11 2004, 06:53 PM
Pontiac Vibe

Deletions

Protection Package

New Features

I love the color re-naming strategy. Does GM have any openings in the Thesaurus department as I think I could do the color naming job. How about "Not Quite Smog" for the '06 "charcoal, and "I've got a shiny quarter" as the new term for silver? [/b][/quote]
or "It's so dark Black" and "OMG I can't see anything white". Good job renaming though! LOL :lol:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Originally posted by rodd62@Apr 12 2004, 03:57 AM
still needs duel climate like the old one
The CJ2 code is for Dual Zone Climate Control. This same code can also be found on the '04 Bonneville. Now if only they'd add the electrochromic rearview mirror that's on my '00 GTP.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Nice....
Decisions, decisions
Get a 2004 Special Edition GP or wait till 2005.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts