GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2005 Nissan Altima’s Performance Image Powers Forward
with the Addition of Sporty New SE-R Model

Forged 18-inch wheels.  Three-gauge center instrument cluster.  Aggressive front fascia.  Rear spoiler.  Painted brake calipers.  High-flow mufflers.  Large diameter chrome dual exhaust finishers.  Black leather-appointed sport seats.  The Nissan Altima SE-R doesn’t look like any previous Altima because clearly it’s not.  When Nissan launched the redesigned 2005 Altima in February 2004, it held one surprising element back – the new Altima SE-R, which goes on sale at Nissan dealers nationwide in mid-September.
“The letters SE-R have come to represent fast, affordable and fun to Nissan performance enthusiasts,” said Mark McNabb, vice president and general manager, Nissan Division, Nissan North America, Inc.  “Until now, our SE-R editions have been limited to the Sentra line.  With the new Altima, the SE-R not only grows up, it reaches a wider audience.”
http://www.autoweek.com/specials/2004_newy...altima/info.doc

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by xellow@Apr 6 2004, 04:09 PM
looks like a pis$$ed off kid, with chubby cheeks...
pissed off kid? Only word that comes to mind when I look at it is "fugly" That front air dam looks so cheap. That stupid grill that all Nissans have now is just pure ugly. The rest of the car looks the same and thoes rims look pretty close to the SRT4 rims.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
funny you GM fans say cheap. the front air dam looks like the one off of GM's own 9-5 Aero, and the wheels.... 9-3 Aero. looks like a souped up Altima, which is one of the best buys in the midsize market.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by SUPERBADD75@Apr 6 2004, 04:28 PM
funny you GM fans say cheap. the front air dam looks like the one off of GM's own 9-5 Aero, and the wheels.... 9-3 Aero. looks like a souped up Altima, which is one of the best buys in the midsize market.
best buys? :lol:

If you like horrible seats and so-so quality. They are far behind the other imports in quality.

·
Registered
723 Posts
GM, you better BUILD a G6 GXP, I'm getting tired of Nissan building all these powerful cars and trucks and GM not surpassing them in that department.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Looks pretty sweet to me! I want to see the interior of it though. New seats and gauge cluster. Depending on pricing, I definitely wouldn't mind one.

·
Banned
7,944 Posts
GM, you better BUILD a G6 GXP, I'm getting tired of Nissan building all these powerful cars and trucks and GM not surpassing them in that department.

Really......
When is 250hp or even the mysterious 250"plus" more than the 260 in the Grand Prix GTP, or the 175hp in the 2.54 cylinder Altima more than the 200hp in the base Grand Prix?

Is the 305hp in the ONLY engine available in the Titan more than the 340hp 6.0 ltire Vortec available in the full-size trucks?
Or the 315hp in QX56 is more than the 340hp Cadillac Escalade?
The 280hp 350Z more than the 400hp Corvette?
The 175hp Sentra SE-R Vspec has more than the 205hp Saturn ION Redline?
The 265hp in the Maxima is more than the 275hp in the Pontiac Bonneville GXP?

I've said it somewhere else..but I'll say it here to.

If the regular Altima SE 3.6 V6 with 250hp has a base sticker of $27,460 and loads up to $31,330....how much will this "wonder" cost?

Pontiac Grand Prix GTP, with 260hp, has a base of $26,935...$525 less than the Altima..and loaded up Comp G models sticker for $31,900...about $570 more than the Altima....before the rebates kick in.....what is the big panic? So what about the G6 GXP....you can get a car from Pontiac right now that out classes the Altima, SE or SE-R, in my opinion.

I mean really...for $31,000+....I might be looking at a 2005 Cadillac CTS, with a standard 6speed manual, RWD and a 255hp 3.6 litre DOHC V6, and best of all..it's a Cadillac!

$31,000 is close to GTO money too....

This is an SE Altima to Grand Prix GTP comparo....the SE-R should be more than $31,000.

For what?....they dont even make any clear HP claims from what I read...all they say is more than 250hp and 250 torque...how much more....the GTP has 260hp and 285 ft/lb last time I checked.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Originally posted by free_energy0@Apr 6 2004, 04:57 PM
If it was a GM product you guys would love. Blind loyality and arrogance is what caused GMs long slide in Marketshare.
OMG free energy, is this what you do with your day? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Originally posted by xellow@Apr 6 2004, 04:28 PM
FreeEnergy has a good point guys... Think about it...
xellow, FreeEnergy, you're absolutely correct. I also really had to laugh at the "bland four door" comment made earlier in the thread. Impala, Malibu anyone?

Be a fan, folks. Don't be a member of the Taliban ...

-John

·
Registered
314 Posts
I am also one who thiks this SE-R car lacks presence inorder to be a hit but that by all means dosn't mean Im implying that Its because the impalla and malibu are better. They also are bland I agree. Those two cars disgrace the classic names they carry as far as styling is concerned.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Originally posted by bangstudios+Apr 6 2004, 03:32 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bangstudios @ Apr 6 2004, 03:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-xellow@Apr 6 2004, 04:28 PM
xellow, FreeEnergy, you're absolutely correct. I also really had to laugh at the "bland four door" comment made earlier in the thread. Impala, Malibu anyone?

-John [/b][/quote]
LOL I totally agree. I really do have to admit though that we are biased against other manufacturers. If I were on a Nissan fan site, they'd bash on other brands, like we do here at GMI. :D

·
Registered
116 Posts
Originally posted by RCtennis3811+Apr 6 2004, 04:46 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RCtennis3811 @ Apr 6 2004, 04:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 6 2004, 03:32 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-xellow
@Apr 6 2004, 04:28 PM

-John
LOL I totally agree. I really do have to admit though that we are biased against other manufacturers. If I were on a Nissan fan site, they'd bash on other brands, like we do here at GMI. :D [/b][/quote]
Nah the Impala and Malibu are intended to be family cruisers, they're not supposed to be designed for high performance enthusiasts.

Face it, that Nissa is f***in ugly. Maybe a higher quality picture will prove otherwise.

And no im not biased towards GM, 2 of my cars are imports.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts