GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
589 Posts
They deleted the Decklid Lock Cylinder on the Monte Carlo..lol, another move by GM to save money. In 03 they deleted the passenger door lock cylinder and in 04 they deleted the "monte carlo" scripts on the lower rear quarter panels. I wonder what they will delete for 06, the "Crest" maybe?

· Registered
589 Posts
Originally posted by KingElvis@Jun 1 2004, 02:01 PM
So you can't use the key to open the passenger door or trunk? This means you have to use the inside lock switch and trunk release right? Guess I'm not up on my imports, because I thought everybody had keylocks on the both front doors.

I've got to say, this is the kind of minutia that keeps me coming back to GMI. Good get.
Actually in 03 they did away with the passenger door key hole on the monte carlos and in 04 the did away with the quarter panel side scripts "Monte Carlo" to scrimp and save money. Now its the trunk key hole and body side moldings for 05. Luckily 06 is coming up for re-design because they are running out of items to delete...lol

· Registered
589 Posts
Originally posted by rsinsel@Jun 10 2004, 11:12 AM
Actually Chevrolet has given away a lot more than locks. Some items are small, some are not. I have both a ’02 and ’03 Impala LS. Just between those two years GM cut the coin holder but left the attachment bracket inside the armrest ($30 if you buy it), the chrome lettering off the 3800 engine cover, passenger door lock and the shift indicator on the center console. That’s just what you can see. From ’03 to ’04 they have also cut the strut tower brace from under the hood. Now I know they want to make more money, but dropping something that adds to the stiffness of the body is really cheap. The good news is that most dealers have caught on and will gladly sell you the kit to add it back. I like the cars, but like the rest of you I wonder what they’ll (Chevrolet) give away next. I say the doors will go. Maybe the spare tire? After all it is extra…
haha, that reminds me...I think in 03 on the Monte Carlo you would have to order the "smokers package" to get the ashtray and cigarette lighter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.