GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
I'm getting a little sick of having every car under a division needing to look exactly the same. Whats the fun in spending 130K on an SLR when some jackass will tell you how his brother-in-law just got the same think, only its newer cuse its called SLK. Same thing with volvo only worse (except i really like the look of the S40).

Maybe I'm just confused but there's no reason for a Cobalt coupe to look like a Corvette, which it doesn't.

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Originally posted by frenstall@Jan 8 2004, 11:12 AM
Maybe I'm just confused but there's no reason for a Cobalt coupe to look like a Corvette, which it doesn't.
Then improve the looks of the Corvette even more.

No one wants to buy a dumpy looking car, no matter how far down on the economy scale it is. That's why Daewoo got an italian designer to pen the Aveo hatchback.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Originally posted by Ming@Jan 8 2004, 10:23 AM
No one wants to buy a dumpy looking car, no matter how far down on the economy scale it is. That's why Daewoo got an italian designer to pen the Aveo hatchback.
I think his point is that it's ok for the the cheaper car to look good -- just not the same.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Originally posted by Mr_Pringle+Jan 8 2004, 12:21 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mr_Pringle @ Jan 8 2004, 12:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Ming@Jan 8 2004, 10:23 AM
No one wants to buy a dumpy looking car, no matter how far down on the economy scale it is.  That's why Daewoo got an italian designer to pen the Aveo hatchback.
I think his point is that it's ok for the the cheaper car to look good -- just not the same. [/b][/quote]
Yeah, thanks, that was my point, as in it's ok for companies to have each car styled differents. I was actually complimenting Chevy for not doing this. Its just for most luxuary companies it seems all their cars look a little too similar. There's no more personality between the lowest model and the highest one which span a gap of $80k

·
Registered
316 Posts
i'm really not sure...but my 2 cents on it is that they do it for statusand brand identification. a big reason people buy BMW's is because when they are driving, people will look and say...wow that guy's got a BMW, those are very nice, expensive cars. you don't want someone looking at your 75K bimmer and thinking it's a honda or something. i think they make them all look similar so that they are easily identifiable as belonging to a particular brand...which is why it's mostly a luxury car thing. but thats just my guess.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
still butt fuggly. The look is better on the SLR, but this thing looks like it has downs. The weird incline from the nose to the windshield looks like crap, and the nose is just pure ugly. I dont even really like it on the SLR, but Ill overlook that with teh 650hp motor under the hood. The Crossfire looks a lot better and if I had to get one of them, it would be Crossfire all the way.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
U know I don't think I've ever liked a car that Mercedes has made,and this mess right here reminds me Y.
The SLR's (it's the SLR right) front end grafted on 2 a Daewoo, shameful.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Originally posted by TAFreak@Jan 8 2004, 08:03 PM
No one wants to buy a dumpy looking car, no matter how far down on the economy scale it is.
I wouldn't say no one, there's a coupe self professed GTO buyers on this forum alone....
OUCH!!!!!

·
Registered
750 Posts
:rolleyes: Im suprised Freak is saying how bad of a car it is because it isnt a LS1 Trans am. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Originally posted by frenstall@Jan 8 2004, 04:12 PM
I'm getting a little sick of having every car under a division needing to look exactly the same. Whats the fun in spending 130K on an SLR when some jackass will tell you how his brother-in-law just got the same think, only its newer cuse its called SLK. Same thing with volvo only worse (except i really like the look of the S40).

I agree

1 - 14 of 14 Posts