·
Registered
103 Posts
Hmmm looks like a Hyundai Sonata...
NOT IMPRESSED at all

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yeah, it wouldn't be so bad if they hadn't plopped that OVAL grille onto it. Buick is just as bad as other GM brands.... they have to have that oval grille, Pontiac has to have those twin grilles, Chevy trucks with their new grille, ect. ect. GM needs to concentrate on styling. If they can incorporate those "identies" into a design and have it look good... that's fine, but it seems to me that they have always failed in that dept.

·
Registered
296 Posts
;) It looks like an Alero with a Buick front end grafted on. Which is fine by me, I love the Alero/Grand-am, and would be a fine replacement/upgrade to the century. But it better not be the replacement for the Regal, or it would be a major step back.

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
This must be the "Buick Lexus" Lutz was so proud of. The Regal replacement that he said looks like a cross between Lexus and Jag. Well, you can see that. It's got Lexus GS written all over it, with some ripples on the hood like an XJ. Very disappointing, but what I expected.

So that's what Buick has become? A combination of England's and Japan's finest? That's what a premium American car "should be"?

The "czar" doesn't have it. Most czars in history, if memory serves, have ultimately destroyed their country. Expect GM to hit few home runs under his watch.

And, NO, Buick does not and should not be synonomous with boring and bland.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Since when are Buick boring? Buick has been known for its styling since the begining. Perhaps a few designs have been a little plain, the Century comes to mind, but for the most part Buick makes some good looking cars. The fact is that most people over look it. Check out the beltline of the lesabre compared to an Impala and tell me what is more boring. I see the belt line on this model looks alot like the Centieme(sp), not nearly as good as the traditional Buick rear fender flare.

-T

·
Registered
6 Posts
Maybe this is an indication that I am getting old... But I like it!
I was never a fan of recent Buick styling but this one does have some style to it. You can see all of the Buick cues like the oval grille, but it looks like the proportions are right.
Unlike the current LeSabre, where the wheels are too small and the car too bulbous, and the current Regal, where there is just no style, this car has taut curvy lines with big wheels that fill the wheel wells. Shows some relation to the last generation Riviera... I actually liked that car too...
BUT in this market, success will only come if the GM-plastic interior has been exorcised... Good Luck LaCrosse... (or whatever it will be called in Canada)

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
Hey, if that's the entry level Buick, then I think we're okay.

The line-up is really starting to look snazzy to me. Check out Buick's home page and the "Meet the Family" flash app. Suddenly, the Terraza is a nice looking, uh, activity van or whatever they call it, and the Rendezvous and Ranier look like stylish Buick SUV's.

...then again, I think the current Park Avenue is all that, so I might be in the minority here. :unsure:

·
Banned
7,944 Posts
It looks like an Alero with a Buick front end grafted on. Which is fine by me, I love the Alero/Grand-am, and would be a fine replacement/upgrade to the century. But it better not be the replacement for the Regal, or it would be a major step back.

A major step back.....from a car designed in 1997? Get real

The car really does not look bad at all...classy, I want to see more!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Don't know.... Maybe it's not that bad. I know Lutz tweaked this car in 2002. I don't think he liked the idea of portholes in the fenders, and maybe this is what the Lacrosse needs??? It is missing something. But what???

What we really want to know is what's under the skin. Will it have a base 3800, or the 3.6 DOHC? Will the interior look like its manufactured from Fisher Price or Volkswagen/Audi? Does it have Autobahn tuning or old Detroit boulevard ride? The answers will determine if we'll have a winner or a LOSER on our hands.

·
Registered
11 Posts
As a current Buick Regal owner, I was hoping for more cutting edge styling than I'm seeing here. It is descent. I don't believe this look will translate into increased sales.

I guess I like straight line art/science look of the Cadillacs more.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I think that Buick could've done better, but that's all and that's pretty much fine to me.
As long as the car has a great interior, and a list of great features, and at least looks better in the rear: I'll take it!

As for the LaCrosse concept, one of the ugliest cars around the GM hdqt. I think it will be much better to see the LaCrosse in face. ;)

·
Registered
134 Posts
As somebody Who has sold buick's for 6 years I think the car is great! And I'm not even 30 yet. Is a camry or accord better lookoing then this car? NO WAY! Besides It'll be the build quality that will sell the car and what's more important is what's the interior is like. Looking at the Terazza the interior's at Buick are looking great. Also does any one remember those pic's of what the Reagl replacement was going to look like before Lutz killed it? I do and this is much better then then that car.
As far as Lutz goes this car was already well into production before he came in and the design is still limited by the W-body frame they are using, when you get a ground up new car you get more freedom. I'll be fine as long as this car is changed before 8 YEARS! as the old body style has been around.

1 - 20 of 231 Posts