GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree, but I only changed the hood, front fascia, extended the rocker panels, added 17" rims and changed the mirrors.
The front fenders and everything else are all stock.
In reality, Saturn will probably change the front and rims and thats it.
I just hope it is aggressive and not wimpy/bland.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,963 Posts
I wish Saturn would really rethink its "redesign" of the Ion to something more along the lines like of this. I still cant stand the way the greenhouse is shapped. Its so odd? The way that arch just comes to an end at the rear of teh car is just so... ugly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by bigals87z28@Jun 10 2004, 12:47 AM
I wish Saturn would really rethink its "redesign" of the Ion to something more along the lines like of this. I still cant stand the way the greenhouse is shapped. Its so odd? The way that arch just comes to an end at the rear of teh car is just so... ugly.
Let's just keep our fingers crossed for the 2007. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by Rex Raider@Jun 10 2004, 10:29 AM
Is that the front off a Subaru Legacy?
The front is partially off the Legacy. The mirrors and rims are right off the legacy.
GM should use Subaru to help save Saturn. Why should Saab have all the fun? :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
looks good but i think it needs more of a G6 type front end but thats just me...from the front it looks like the old altimas and those fog lights gotta go..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by TaHoE+Jul 8 2004, 07:17 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TaHoE @ Jul 8 2004, 07:17 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-atomicshark@Jun 9 2004, 11:00 PM
Here is an idea for the 2005 Ion refresh.
I WISH!, but unfortunately not even remotely close...THINK UGLIER! [/b][/quote]
You never know. Saturn may surprise us.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,279 Posts
Originally posted by atomicshark+Jul 8 2004, 07:42 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (atomicshark @ Jul 8 2004, 07:42 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 8 2004, 07:17 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-atomicshark
@Jun 9 2004, 11:00 PM
Here is an idea for the 2005 Ion refresh.

I WISH!, but unfortunately not even remotely close...THINK UGLIER!
You never know. Saturn may surprise us. [/b][/quote]
I have seen the Production pictures. It's still the same as the last time I saw them, no surprise. It's ugly. They messed up the one thing that they had going for them, the exterior design, particularly the facia.
 

·
Editor
Joined
·
26,951 Posts
Originally posted by giagastormer+Jul 8 2004, 07:52 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (giagastormer @ Jul 8 2004, 07:52 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-nsap@Jul 8 2004, 01:48 PM
Since this was posted I have seen the 2005 Ion sedan.  The real thing is UGLY.
When will we get to see the real thing?? [/b][/quote]
You will get to see the 2005 Ion (along with ALL 2005 pics) on August 1st.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh no. I hope this "freshening" is not going to erode Saturns sales too much more. They can't afford anymore marketshare loss. Otherwise Saturn will be following Oldsmobile out the door. Maybe GM could revive Olds if this happens. I know that is wishful thinking.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,303 Posts
Originally posted by nsap+Jul 8 2004, 02:09 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nsap @ Jul 8 2004, 02:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 8 2004, 07:52 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-nsap
@Jul 8 2004, 01:48 PM
Since this was posted I have seen the 2005 Ion sedan.  The real thing is UGLY.

When will we get to see the real thing??
You will get to see the 2005 Ion (along with ALL 2005 pics) on August 1st. [/b][/quote]

Thank you NSAP
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,013 Posts
It looks like all of us including the staff members seem to think that this design is much better than the 05 refresh! Anyways, great design and I really like it!

BTW, I can't wait to see how UGLY the 05 Ion turns out to be! :lol:
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top