Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GMC Yukon

Deletions

Sound System Plus Package (PDF)
Rear cargo panel doors (ZW9)
145-amp alternator (KG3)
Exterior color Polo Green Metallic (47U)
Exterior color Sandalwood Metallic (58U)

New Features

Touch-screen navigation radio (UM8)
Enhancements to tire pressure monitoring system (UJ6) indicate which tire is low.
160-amp alternator (KW1)
3.23 rear axle ratio (GU5)
Exterior color Sand Beige Metallic (15U)
Exterior color Blue-Green Crystal (26U)

Changes

Sound system with in-dash 6-disc CD changer (UC6) is an orderable option on 1SB and 1SC and included on 1SD.
XM Satellite Radio (U2K) requires (UC6) Sound system on 1SB; (UC6) Sound system or (UM8) Sound system on 1SC; and is included on 1SD.
Rear axle changes: 3.23 ratio (GU5) is standard and 3.73 ratio (GT4) is available on 2WD models. 3.42 ratio (GU6) is standard and 4.10 ratio (GT5) is available on 4WD models.
Electronic traction assist system (NW7) is now standard on 1SB and 1SC equipment groups.

=============

GMC Sierra 2500HD

Deletions

(91U) Marine Blue Metallic
(PDK) Recovery Hook Delete

New Features

(CF5) Sunroof, power
(UG1) HomeLink, Universal Transmitter (included only as part of CF5 Sunroof)
(DK8) Console, overhead deluxe (included only as part of CF5 Sunroof)
(25U) Deep Blue Metallic

--------------

Deletions
2WD Models with (NYS) 4-wheel steering are no longer available
(C5S) GVWR, 6600 lbs.
Wheels, 16" x 7", 6-lug steel, painted
Wheels, 16" spare
(QNF) Tires, P235/75R16, all-season, blackwall
(QNK) Tires, P245/75R16, all-season, blackwall
(QNL) Tires, P245/75R16, all-season, White outlined-letter
(QGC) Tires, P265/75R16, all-terrain, blackwall
(QGD) Tires, P265/75R16, all-terrain, White outlined-letter
(QBX) Tires, LT245/75R16C, on-/off-road, White outlined-letter
(91U) Marine Blue Metallic
105-amp Alternator
On/Off Air bag switch, deleted on Regular and Extended Cab Models
(R6G) Safe and Sound Package discount not desired
(R6K) Texas/Oklahoma/Louisiana/California/Florida SLE Package discount not desired
(R6E) Light Duty Power Package discount not desired

New Features

(25U) Deep Blue Metallic
(L33) Engine, Vortec 5300 V8 SFI, now available on TK15753 Models, with 310 HP @ 5200 rpm
(QPR) Tires, P245/70R17 all-season, blackwall
(QPO) Tires, P245/70R17 all-season, white-outlined letter
17" x 7.5" painted steel wheels standard on Work Truck
(PY9) Wheels, 17" x 7.5", 6-lug chrome-styled steel
(QF7) Wheels, 17" x 7.5", 6-lug aluminum
(GU5) 3.23 Rear axle ratio
(CF5) Sunroof, power

Changes

(GU5) 3.23 Rear axle ratio is now standard on 2WD Models
145-amp Alternator now standard
Brakes, front disc/rear drum now standard
(P27) Wheels, now available on 2WD Models
(VYU) Snow Plow Prep Package now includes 160-amp Alternator
(PY2) Wheels only available on 2WD Quadrasteer models

L33 Engine, Vortec 5300 V8 SFI, aluminum block with steel cylinder sleeves (310 HP [231.4 kW] @ 5200 rpm, 330 lb.-ft. (445.5 N-m] @ 4000 rpm)
1 - Requires TK15753 Models and included with (PDU) Light Duty Power Package. - Not available with (NYS) 4-wheel steering.

-----------

GMC Envoy XL

Deletions

Exterior color: (16U) Silver Green Metallic
Exterior color: (39U) Indigo Blue Metallic
Exterior color: (47U) Polo Green Metallic
Interior color: Light Tan
Interior color: Dark Pewter
Interior color: Medium Pewter
(UPC) TravelNote digital memo recorder

New Features

Exterior color (16U) Steel Gray Metallic
Exterior color (22U) Superior Blue Metallic
Exterior color (38U) Emerald Jewel Metallic
Interior color: Light Gray
Interior color: Ebony
Interior color: Light Tan
(ASF) Air bags, side head curtain
Air bags, frontal, driver and right front passenger, includes passenger sensing system
(A50) Seats, front Deluxe Cloth reclining buckets - New seat styling and comfort improvements: sew patterns, front seat cushions and quality improvements
(AR9) Seats, front Deluxe Cloth reclining buckets - New seat styling and comfort improvements: sew patterns, front seat cushions and quality improvements
(AR9) Seats, front leather-appointed power reclining buckets - New seat styling and comfort improvements: sew patterns, front seat cushions and quality improvements
(US8) Sound system, ETR AM/FM stereo with CD player and MP3 playback
(UM8) Navigation radio improvements (touch screen)
(UE1) OnStar, available on all models
(K34) Cruise control, available on all models
(PCR) Sun, Sound and Entertainment Package
(PCK) OnStar Plus Package
(PDB) Luxury Package
(PDU) V-8 Power Play Package

Changes

(LH6) Engine, Vortec 5300 V8 SFI, (290 HP [216 kW] @ 5200 rpm, 326 lb.ft. [438.8 N-m] @ 4000 rpm). This is an update of the (LM4) 5300 V8 SFI engine.
Click on the blue links to change image

--------------

GMC Sierra Denali

Deletions

(NYS) 4-wheel steering
(47U) Polo Green Metallic
(ZX3) Suspension package, manual, selectable
Roof marker lamps
(UY2) Trailering wiring provisions

New Features

********* Denali is now a Crew Cab Model
(LQ9) Engine, High-Output Vortec 6000 V8 SFI
(50U) Summit White
(CF5) Sunroof, power
(U42) Rear Entertainment system, with DVD Player now available
(UK6) Rear audio controls (standard)
(A28) Rear sliding window

Changes

**** (NYS) 4-wheel steering is no longer available or standard
GVWR is now 7,000 lbs.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Originally posted by chadbarb99@Apr 11 2004, 08:47 PM
310 HP, good that means it'smore powerful than that ugly Nissan Titan. Good job GM, but what are the figures for the 6.0L V8??
Good job indeed. Getting over the 300 HP mark is important.

Where is the displacement on demand that GM touted years ago?

Mark

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Finally, a NAV in the Yukon! JW, since the Escalade is getting a new interior, will the Yukon receive a new interior too?

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
hey the 4wheel steering was a unique feature why did they delete that! i guess they were not selling, too expensive. but it was definatly a really cool feature that i liked.

Alan

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Im sure the big 6.0 will get 350ish. The 5.3 gained 15hp, the 6.0 should gain the same or more.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I belive the 05 Sierra Denali will have 345hp.... If i rember right, same as the SS. (bout time)

·
Registered
819 Posts
GM needs to upgrade all their engines like that. if they were to put an extra 10-20HP in all their truck engines they would be on top again.

·
Registered
8 Posts
:eek: the 8.1L (L18)will be offered in the 2005 model YukonXL/Suburban 2500, i dont think the Duramax will be offered just yet, until the 2006 model which will see a major overhaul in the SUVs , and Im not sure what engine will replace the big block 8.1 as the more powerful option over the 6.0 in the 2500s, however there has been a GM rep driving around the dealers down here in Miami with a '04 suburban 2500 and a 6 cyl duramax diesel, a test vehicle of GMs.. Ive now talked to 2 mechanics from 2 diffrent dealers that saw it.. that will probably go into the '06 models suburban and YukonXL 2500s. :)

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
Good to see the Quadrasteer will be availible on more models and cost less, nice to see that Hybrid system they've talked about make it into the trucks, ecstatic about the fact they will offer Displacement On Demand in the trucks that aren't Hybrid-equipped. With all the talk I've heard about this stuff it's good to actually see them put their parts where their mouths are.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
Originally posted by mikennina@Apr 20 2004, 12:41 PM
:eek: the 8.1L (L18)will not be offered in the 2005 model YukonXL/Suburban 2500, i dont think the Duramax will be offered just yet in them , and Im not sure what engine will replace the big block 8.1 as the more powerful option on the 2500s over the 6.0L... Does anybody know?
The Ford Excursion.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Originally posted by mikennina@Apr 20 2004, 05:41 PM
:eek: the 8.1L (L18)will not be offered in the 2005 model YukonXL/Suburban 2500, i dont think the Duramax will be offered just yet in them , and Im not sure what engine will replace the big block 8.1 as the more powerful option on the 2500s over the 6.0L... Does anybody know?
Help me out here: Where did you see that the 8.1L won't be available in the Yukon XL? I don't even see the Yukon XL mentioned here.

The 2005 Suburban info still talks about the 8.1L being available. I'm sure it is in the Yukon XL too.

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
They need to get off their asses and put the damn DuraMax/Allison combo in the 3/4-ton Suburban. Hell, they also need to move production to the US, I'm sure Janesville wouldn't mind more jobs.

Andrew

·
Registered
3 Posts
Originally posted by chadbarb99@Apr 12 2004, 01:47 AM
310 HP, good that means it'smore powerful than that ugly Nissan Titan.  Good job GM, but what are the figures for the 6.0L V8??
Who cares about the hp, it is the torque that matters. The 330 gets killed by the Dodge, Ford, Nissan! That's barely more than the 4.7L Tundra. Disappointing if you ask me.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I heard that company that came up with the quadrasteer technology (Delfi?) is starting to talk to Nissan because GM is not promoting it like they wanted them too.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts