GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple of issues regarding my 2005 Equinox.

1) I have a rattle coming from the front end, most noticeable at low speeds. I have found a tech bulletin stating the front lower control arm bushings need to be replaced. I also found one that stated the bushings are bad on the brake caliper pins. My plan is to replace both if the cost is cheap. Are thsoe both accurate/good fixes?

2) The DRLs stopped working; flassing green light, all lamps work fine manually and on auto except for the DRLs. I found a tech bulletin stating the DRL resistor is bad.

I would just like to see some conurrance if these fixes are the right ones.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I can verify the issue with control arm bushings. We had an early 2005 Equinox and had to have them replaced within a month of taking delivery. Even after that the front suspension always clunked and seemed sort of disconnected from the rest of the vehicle. I think the 'Nox still looks great but what an unpleasant vehicle to drive. I don't miss it. We traded it in for a 2007 Rendezvous that, despite its design and age relative to the Equinox, is a far better vehicle.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
i have run into this problem before on one, was a real pain in the ass. the way to tell if its the caliper pins is to lightly apply the brakes as you go over bumps, if it goes away then you know its the caliper pins. other items to check, struts, had a few of those fail on them, always replacing sway bar links, a few control arm bushings occasionally.

other than that its about it, may be a ball joint problem like with the malibu or possibly a tie rod problem, or even a column issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.