GM Inside News Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
I hope they dont change it too much. I agree with those that think that the new one is so poor performancewise should look at the #'s for old versus new. They will find out that the new SS will spank most old ones with maybe the old Big Blocks being the exception. Front wheel drive works better in Wisconsin winters also. While more power is nice but I do like my 22-32 mileage that I get out of a bigger car.

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
I know this reply will create some tension, but I've owned four of these cars and don't miss a single one ('75 Camaro, '88 Z28, '91 Trans Am, '99 Firebird).

Those cars looked fine, but were poorly engineered and assembled. I was never impressed with the handling. Seating comfort and ergonomics were horrible.

The cars did succeed at bringing V-8 power to an affordable level, but the insurance prices, especially if you were young, offset the fun.

I say let the Camaro and Firebird rest in peace ... replace them with better engineered, better handling vehicles. For the V-8 lovers, GM should bring the GTO down-market a bit to make it affordable ... and give the darned thing the styling it deserves without tacky add-ons like a hood scoop. Pontiac would be fine with an affordable GTO and Solstice as RWD vehicles, and a powerful G6 coupe and convertible for those wanting FWD handling in the snow.

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
Originally posted by ByTheLake@Jul 12 2004, 02:27 PM
I know this reply will create some tension, but I've owned four of these cars and don't miss a single one ('75 Camaro, '88 Z28, '91 Trans Am, '99 Firebird).
Hmm, not sure why this message ended up here. I was in the 'Camaro/Firebird' topic. Guess it was 'user error' ... sorry.

:huh:

41 - 45 of 45 Posts