GM Inside News Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Sweet, Cobalt kinda does lok like a Cavalier.

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
The HHR looks like a PT Cruiser and Jeep Liberty mated.
I really don't think the world needs another retro inspired design, especially this late in the game. The whole idea of it really does nothing for me.

The Cobalt looks too much like a Cavalier. That's not a good thing. We need change. We need a design that will lure buyers into the showrooms. The car may be all-new, but the design is dated. Malibu and Cobalt won't make any Accord and Civic buyers come running to Chevy dealerships.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I dissagree... I think the cavalier is and was a good looking car especially the 97 to 99 model years. Other than a need for a more appealing and refined interior the cavalier is great, especially when compared to a civic or focus etc.. Cobalt looks good.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Originally posted by sykboy@Dec 17 2003, 08:30 PM
Looks good.  They aren't pussified like I expected.
i agree. im really suprized. and i like the cobalt a lot more than i thought i would, i know the late cav. wasnt all that great. but its always sad to see an long time friend go... and i like the name a lot better than cobalt. o well it looks great. similar to the cav. without the yawn found in the later models.

as for the HHR it looks like a PT because its the same designer. i think it has a little durango look in it. the rear and front. but that could just be me. any way i like it too, i dont think i would buy one but thats besides the point. and i know its late in the game for chevys retro but hey i dont think there has been a failed moddle out yet. look at the pt, prowler, mini (only 1 year ago was released), new beatle, and thunderbird. they all sold very well, haha well for the first few years. i guess all except the pt and mini are off to the paster now, but this is suppossed to be a 4 year thing and then ended. same with the SSR so i think they will be gone before they loose there flame as long as they keep there word about the 4 year limit.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Anyone know anything about the HHR powertrain? It looks a little more masculine than the PT, lets hope it gets some nuts from the start and AWD, which the PT doesn't offer.

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Ditto on the HHR looking like a Durango/Liberty/PT Cruiser mix.
The SS has a great looking rear fascia it is what the Impala should have had when it came out. The twin lamps that look like the early sixties Impala and Corvair are a nice touch that don't look retro at all.

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The HHR will fature an Ecotec engine and a small V-6 it will be available with FWD and AWD configurations.

·
Registered
62 Posts
the guy that designed the PT Cruiser now works for GM and he most likely did the design.. Cobalt looks awesome! hopefully we're maiting a six spd manuel to it with maybe 240 horses.. than i would be impressed!

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Originally posted by Josh O@Dec 17 2003, 04:11 PM
thats odd there is no link on weick u sure they came from there?
Does it really matter?? NO... THESE PICS ARE ALL OVER THE NET AND ON EVERY AUTO SITE OUT THERE!

·
Registered
259 Posts
hmm - that's funny.

Last night i was reading a linked article on GMI (waitaminute - i'm already here!)about how the Cobalt's success was somewhat pivotal for Chevy's compact market share. There was some poll asked weather or not it was going to work for Chevy or become a dismal fleet sales failure.

I nulled my vote because was unsure of what to expect. I probably whould have choose "it won't attract civic/corolla buyers" (or something to that extent) - but i couldn't make up my mind at the time.

The next day - i'm looking at an artist repersentation of the Chevrolet Cobaly SS on some thread on GMI - and i'm thinking "You know - that doesn't seem all that bad. I especally like the tail-lights. I like it."

However - i still can't pin down my final thoughts on it until i see photo's of it in the flesh.

As for the HHR. Well i suppose it went like this:

At the Mopar pub - PT was hanging out by itself - until it saw Liberty. It all came to a grinding halt. PT thought "I gotta get some of that!" - so it pulled up alongside of Liberty and...

BLAH BLAH BLAH

...Soon - Liberty was all over PT - tottaly wasted and not a clue of what was going on. They left the pub and went to PT's place...

BLAH BLAH BLAH

(hot rampant mopar sex)

BLAH BLAH BLAH

...PT kicked Liberty out at 5AM and went back to sleep...

BLAH BLAH BLAH

9 months later - Liberty tracked down PT and demaned that PT pay for child support for their unammed child. PT refused - and Liberty didn't want the child either - so it was put up for adoption.

Soon after - a family by the name of Chevrolet..

well - you know the rest. ;)

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Right Click your mouse over the picture, then you will see the image URL Josh. Come on, I thought you knew this kinda stuff. :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
:chef: i think the colbalt look like a glorified cavalier. when will gm actually use there resource and make a quality car the earns them profit and not just coner cut. i would so love to see them do it and make me proud. But instead the pic isnt anything new. WHAT A SHAM....

·
Registered
259 Posts
Originally posted by Canuck@Dec 17 2003, 10:48 PM
:lol: <_< So you don't think the current Durango had any involvement in the Mopar affair?
I dunno. Post-pregnacy test results are due in january at some auto show. <_<

Maybe it's the nose of the HHR that keeps throwing me off - but i don't see too much durango at all.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.