GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Chrysler Group "Floors" Minivan Competition With Yet Another Leapfrog - Auburn Hills, Mich. - December 8, 2003 - Chrysler Group President and Chief Executive Officer Dieter Zetsche, left, and Chief Operating Officer Wolfgang Bernhard, demonstrate the new "Stow 'n Go" minivan seating and storage system that will be available on new 2005 Chrysler Town & Country and Dodge Grand Caravan minivans scheduled to arrive in dealership showrooms early next year. One of more than 15 new minivan features, Stow 'n Go seating allows the owner to fold the second- and third-row seats into the floor with virtually effortless one-hand operation. "Stow 'n Go represents yet another leapfrog for the Chrysler Group in the minivan market segment," Zetsche said. Stow ïn Go offers unmatched convenience, versatility, and storage.

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
That guy on the right is standing where there will be a wall in the minivan... :lol: I'd like to see him try that nice and effortless folding by ramming his arms through the sheetmetal.

Cool seats, tho.

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have always thought Chrysler to be the best minivan. This is one more reason to like them. Stylewise, the Chrysler (and Dodge) have always (in my opinion) been the best looking vans. Aside from the fold flat seat, the Chryslers have pretty much set every standard for minivans. Chrysler has made honda/Toyota/GM/everybody make better minivans.

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Yeah I have always liked Chrysler vans, and I agree with the statement about at least having an american company beating the ****. Very true comment Ming! Also those seats are pretty low to the floor, like in the Freestar

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
More zany German engineering....nice though makes me miss my Plymouth Voyager even more :(

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Originally posted by casket_demon@Dec 8 2003, 09:52 PM
More zany German engineering....nice though makes me miss my Plymouth Voyager even more  :(
I'm sure the Germans had nothing to do with it. Minvan engineering is done in the USA for Chrysler. If the Germans did do it, it would have 5 computers running 10 electric motors it with an computer setup that allowed you to configure it. Oh, and it would crash all the time. MB quality aint what it used to be you know.

I went to the Dodge web site and this is a slick seating system. I wonder where they moved the gas tank and spare tire.

http://www.dodge.com/2005_caravan/index.html

Mark

·
Registered
284 Posts
Originally posted by Rex Raider@Dec 8 2003, 09:08 PM
I have always thought Chrysler to be the best minivan. This is one more reason to like them. Stylewise, the Chrysler (and Dodge) have always (in my opinion) been the best looking vans. Aside from the fold flat seat, the Chryslers have pretty much set every standard for minivans. Chrysler has made honda/Toyota/GM/everybody make better minivans.
too bad gm still doesn;t make better minivans....

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
I have an idea, how about adapting this feature onto the XLR since everyone bitches that there isnt enough storage space :p jk....

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Makes me wonder just how high this van will be. I mean the front seat fold must be 1 foot high if that has to fold into the floor the floor highth must be almost 2 foot above ground level. part of what attracts people to a mini van is ease of getting in and out (not stepping up into or down into)

Anyways it's a great idea I just think the seat must fold flatter like the back seat of say a Freestar which only uses about 6 inches of space.

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
The Freestar's seat is also about an inch off the ground, giving the passenger that knees-hitting-the-chin feeling that we all love...

·
Registered
651 Posts
So does every NA manufacturer have the overhead rail system now?? Its in the new GM vans, the new Chrysler vans and in the new F150, not sure about the Freestar. I suppose this is good because it will mean a flood of cheaper (as in lower priced), non-dealer add-ons since the system will be in about 2mil vehicles a year.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts