GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
45,504 Posts
Originally posted by TaHoE@Nov 4 2003, 07:27 AM

It's definitely NOT going to look like that, maybe the grille but even that it doubtful. All they did was put a Sixteen body on a Honda Accord! This is the actual spy shot, as much as I would love to see the STS in Car&Driver, I think this is more appropriate for the STS, and the C&D illustration would be more appropriate for the DTS!
Oh, I know there's a snowball chance in hell that it will like the sixteen/accord photoshop image in C&D.... but I can always dream.

I'm just picturing a CTS-ish design the size of the existing STS. And I'm prayin' that the interior is NOT like the CTS and SRX because that's a step back from teh current design.
<_<

· Registered
45,504 Posts
Originally posted by TaHoE@Nov 5 2003, 07:22 AM

Don't worry, Lutz did soften up some of the lines (which is quite evident in the picture above versus the CTS and even the SRX) but they werent going to let Lutz turn it into a soap bar. As for the interior, thankfully the STS was early enough that Lutz had an opportunity to change it, it is supposedly so great that it rivals the XLR! :eek:
Oh Goody!! :lol:

But seriously, as much as I luv Caddy's (and I'm definitely on the lower end of the avg Caddy buyer), I won't buy one cause of the current interior of the CTS and SRX. I'd buy an XLR in an instant (if I wasn't shelling out tons o' money for grad skool).

Oh... I sat in one of the new 9-3 Arc Convertibles today. I saw it... and saw the fake wood... and cringed. Then I sat inside and you could just feel the quality of the dashboard parts and how everything went well together... even the fake wood. And that really said something to me. You don't need to have a dash that rivals the LS430 in order for a car to look and feel like a quality car. (The car was stickered at $45,320... higher than my fully loaded 9-5 Aero... and it's only a 9-3 Arc.) Now if Caddy can do that... we're all set.

Now if the dash truly rivals the XLR (or is even a transplant from the XLR)... STS is good to go. Now if it only looked like the photoshopped image in C&D :lol: :lol:

· Registered
45,504 Posts
Originally posted by 1999seville@Nov 6 2003, 09:39 PM
and this one
:woot2: :woot2: :woot2: :woot2:

Is this the first instance of the new STS interior? I know I've never seen this photo before. Looks nice. Very much a Cadillac interior.

A couple notes:

1) Those humungo cupholders on the center console. Tacky. Need to find a way to conceal it.
2) Push-start ignition! :lol:
3) Dash looks BIG. Looks like it should be in an RX330.
4) 2 slot in the dash. DVD navigation and DVD Player? And in-dash CD?
5) Audi-like shifter with beautiful chrom and wood. (Luv it)
6) 2 tone steering wheel?? <_<
7) Possible tile/telescope wheel?
8) Center armrest seems a bit blocky.
9) Is that an XLR front end on the top right corner?
10) Wood looks very nice. Burled walnut?
11) VERY large LCD screen. :D
12) Looks like a pretty large glove compartment as well.
13) Emergency brake on the floor stilll??

I like it.... (better than CTS and SRX for sure). I'd like some aluminum accents though.

· Registered
45,504 Posts
Originally posted by frenstall+Nov 7 2003, 12:04 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (frenstall @ Nov 7 2003, 12:04 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-1999seville@Nov 6 2003, 10:05 PM
and a few more after this one...
I like it, it looks like retro ferrari meets new-age cadillac. Just fix that c-pillar so it flows with the roofline and you've got a winner cuse right now i'm scared it might have a 7-series rear end!! [/b][/quote]
<_< i kinda like the 7-series' rear end.

· Registered
45,504 Posts
Originally posted by 1999seville@Nov 7 2003, 07:27 PM
here's a kinda messed up shot but alas a true side-view
<_<
I know it's a spy shot and all, but this side shot of the "STS" really doesn't appeal to me at all.
The design doesn't seem to flow at all, especially at the rear. And I swear, the tail lights are large enough for a 747.
It takes a few evolutionary cues from the early-mid 90's STS in teh rear quarters. It frankly looks better on the older STS. Acutally, the rear loks a bit like an ION.

On a scale of 1-10... i give it at 7. :unsure:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.