GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dearborn, MI -- The renaissance continues as General Motors today released the first image of the 2005 Cadillac STS. The STS, the seventh new vehicle in the Cadillac portfolio since 2001, positions Cadillac to compete among the best in the import-dominated luxury performance sedan segment.

As the Seville replacement, this all-new vehicle highlights Cadillac's attention to detail in both the exterior and interior. Mirroring its recent predecessors, the same signature bold exterior styling that defines Cadillac is evident on the new STS. Kip Wasenko, the car's designer, began with the angular and edgy design inspiration then translated it into a more segment-appropriate language. The all-new interior incorporates only genuine materials: eucalyptus wood, Nuance leather and real aluminum accents. The end result is a bold vehicle that stands apart from its competitors in both luxury and style.

Along with the sophisticated design, engine options include the proven performance of the 3.6L V6 VVT or 4.6L Northstar V8. The STS will also offer a rear-wheel or an all-wheel drivetrain. Numerous luxury appointments and innovative technologies will further enhance the driving experience making the STS the right blend between driving a luxury car and driving a sports sedan.

Set to make its first public appearance at the New York Auto Show in April, the STS is expected to hit the market during the third quarter of 2004.

The STS will be the third Sigma architecture vehicle built at the Lansing Grand River Assembly plant in Lansing, Michigan. The CTS entry luxury sedan and the SRX luxury performance utility are currently in production at the state-of-the-art facility.

Cadillac is the luxury vehicle division of General Motors Corp. (NYSE: GM), the world's largest vehicle manufacturer. It was founded in 1902. Cadillac today produces the XLR convertible luxury roadster, the SRX midsize luxury utility, the CTS entry-level luxury sedan, the DeVille luxury full-size sedan and the world's most powerful line-up of SUVs, the Escalade, Escalade ESV and Escalade EXT.

GM Media site

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think if the car was ready now, they would have debuted it at NAIAS, since Cadillac didn't really have much to show.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
nice! Well, maybe waiting for new york was a good idea. I like the STS's looks personaly, and I think it gives it a very nice look. I dont know what everyone is so crazy about? Anyway, I cant wait to see it in NYC.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Originally posted by Rex Raider@Jan 15 2004, 12:27 AM
I think if the car was ready now, they would have debuted it at NAIAS, since Cadillac didn't really have much to show.
i know the last two years they have gotten the showstopper. this year. notta

and sorry i just made a report of this. just ignore it please. maybe there should be a larger diffence between the report and quote button...

·
Registered
790 Posts
this is off topic but why have you guys not posted in the other companies forum the new chrysler super car is going into production 300 a year. you do know about this right?

grrr i cant wait until new york!!!

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Originally posted by Smilingoat@Jan 15 2004, 07:25 AM
this is off topic but why have you guys not posted in the other companies forum the new chrysler super car is going into production 300 a year. you do know about this right?

grrr i cant wait until new york!!!
they confirmed that super car for production? Thats the dumbest thing they have ever done. "I got a great idea!! Instead of putting money into bringing in more sales and profit, lets blow whatever we got on a 400k super car!!"

Someone smack the crap out of them please. I really hope they arent making that car.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Chrysler's supercar was done for exactly the same reason that the Ford GT was done - an image product was needed to improve an otherwise unremarkable product line. "Chrysler" is a brand in desperate need of identity - they make good cars but don't generate any good buzz. What really confuses me is why the heck they're trying to move Chrysler upmarket and Mercedes dowmarket, giving Chrysler the hard road and ruining years of Mercedes stature in the process. Despite what www.autoextremist.com said, I think it was definitely "an answer to a question absolutely nobody was asking." It's a great car, don't get me wrong.. but why?

As for the STS - the current car is nice, but doesn't stand out in any way and is forgettable (kinda like Infinitis a few years back). The new model looks like a big CTS but hopefully it will have a bit of its own personality by the time it hits production.

What GM needs to understand is that it has to put all of its money into the new vehicle development process. A new model every few years is what it'll take to survive in the car business. Have car nuts design great-looking cars that are better than the competition, price them right, and profits will come. The Kappa architecture is a great example of this, as well as the AUTOnomy concept car and the flexible production line that produces CTS, SRX and STS. GM is finally getting it; I just hope they don't fall off the wagon.

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
It wasn't posted because Chrysler hasn't said it. The ME Four-Twelve is not currently scheduled for production.

As for Cadillac not having anything at the NAIAS, it was probably to allow the Corvette and Solstice to have the spotlight. This way, the STS gets to be the star of the NYIAS.

·
Banned
7,944 Posts
Any other cars making their debut in NY?

LaCrosse? maybe? More concept cars? One for Cadillac? GMC?

While I am asking about the LaCrosse, I read somewhere that Buick was also going to show a concept car in Detroit, did the car get scrapped or was it pushed back to another show. I heard the car was going to be a large 4 passenger convertible, something like a Lexus SC430, but with a real back seat and better styling..anyone else hear about this..maybe scheduled for a debut in NY or Chicago, along with the LaCrosse and what else...? I have heard about a re-done LeSabre and Park Avenue replacement for 2005 too.....

Also, does anyone think that Buick sould get a version of the G6/Malibu platform?

Since the Regal replacement will be going slighty upmarket and the Century will be dropped, maybe Buick should take a shot at another smaller car, as long as it's not Cobalt based(too small, think Skyhawk..) The coupe and sedan models, based of the longer G6/Maxx wheelbase, with standard 3.9 V6 engines, and luxury Buick interiors......anyone...

The name "Skylark" does have a nice ring to it....... B)

·
Registered
44,294 Posts
Originally posted by MCGARRETT@Jan 15 2004, 07:52 PM
Any other cars making their debut in NY?

LaCrosse? maybe? More concept cars? One for Cadillac? GMC?

While I am asking about the LaCrosse, I read somewhere that Buick was also going to show a concept car in Detroit, did the car get scrapped or was it pushed back to another show. I heard the car was going to be a large 4 passenger convertible, something like a Lexus SC430, but with a real back seat and better styling..anyone else hear about this..maybe scheduled for a debut in NY or Chicago, along with the LaCrosse and what else...? I have heard about a re-done LeSabre and Park Avenue replacement for 2005 too.....

Also, does anyone think that Buick sould get a version of the G6/Malibu platform?

Since the Regal replacement will be going slighty upmarket and the Century will be dropped, maybe Buick should take a shot at another smaller car, as long as it's not Cobalt based(too small, think Skyhawk..) The coupe and sedan models, based of the longer G6/Maxx wheelbase, with standard 3.9 V6 engines, and luxury Buick interiors......anyone...

The name "Skylark" does have a nice ring to it....... B)
LaCrosse seems to be launching in Chicago.

Cadillac is launching STS.
Saab is launching the 9-7X.

Buick needs beter names than "Skylark." Century is a better name than that. I would not be opposed to seeing Roadmaster back in the lineup... of course, not so big.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.