GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 Buick Lacrosse CXL. I have an opportunity to purchase a homelink visor from a 2007 Buick Lacrosse.

Before I purchase this visor....I would like to know if my car is pre-wired or not. If it is just a plug-in-play, I will definatley get it.

Thanks for any advice!!:)

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Good question...

I can't upload the GM parts catalog @ home any longer...if I can remember, i can look Monday for you...

You see them on ebay by chance? I see a set on there for sale...

IMO I think it's a plug & play...as the set I see on ebay for sale seems to have the same plug in as a visor without homelink...i.e. the left visor & the right visor share the same plug.

My dad's Impala didn't come with homelink...and he asked about adding, I think I'm gonna chaeck to see if a LaCrosse visor matches his interior...

Thanks for the idea!

·
Registered
7,419 Posts
Welcome to GMI. Wish I could help, but my CXS came with homelink and I have had no reason to screw with it. I enjoy not having to clip the opener up to the visor like we do in my wife's Freestyle.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I really enjoy the Lacrosse...such a nice car that Buick came out with. I wish it had the memory seat switch and heated seats, that would have been a nice feature...I don't think that stuff could be added so easily. That homelink visor could make a nice car even nicer.

Anyways, I would really appreciate if you could look that visor up in the parts catalog...

·
Registered
7,419 Posts
I really enjoy the Lacrosse...such a nice car that Buick came out with. I wish it had the memory seat switch and heated seats, that would have been a nice feature...I don't think that stuff could be added so easily. That homelink visor could make a nice car even nicer.

Anyways, I would really appreciate if you could look that visor up in the parts catalog...
I enjoy mine quite a bit. I got every option except stabilitrack.

I have driven 23,000 miles with no issues and average 21.5 MPG with my 3.6L.

I bought the accesory trunk liner and bought some floormats from Weather Tech to contain filth and combat my four year old's attempt at defiling my ride.

I plan on holding onto her until 2012.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's been awhile since I've been around.....the sunvisors were just a plug-in-play and work great. The hardest part was to get the connector out of the headliner.

Anyways, since the homelink sunvisors worked so great. This got me to thinking about heated seats....such as pre-wired or not.

What is all needed to make the seats heated?

I know the panel with the heated seats button are needed. Is this all I need though?

Do the seats come with the heating element inside of the seat from the factory? Or would a heating element be needed?

Anyways, if someone here knows or has done this before....I sure would like to know. I'm pretty sure the car is pre-wired since most cars are pre-wired....but I really don't know if the heating element is in the seat already. I would like to get this all done as a surprise gift for her.

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For those that might be interested.....

I replaced the OEM single CD radio with a nearly new OEM single CD MP3 removed from a 2008 Lacrosse. It is a plug-in-play, but the dealer had to program the radio to my 2005 Lacrosse.

In terms of radio.....I have the steering wheel with cruise control only. I would like to upgrade to the multi-function steering wheel. The mulit-function steering wheel looks identical to mine other than it has buttons for radio/temperature settings.

Would my car be pre-wired for multi-function?

Would the air bag from my current steering wheel be relocated to the mulit-function steering wheel? The center section with the buick emblem will work on the upgraded wheel?

This is my current wheel http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-0...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

This is the upgrade wheel http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-0...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Any ideas here? Thanks

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
I enjoy mine quite a bit. I got every option except stabilitrack.

I have driven 23,000 miles with no issues and average 21.5 MPG with my 3.6L.

I bought the accesory trunk liner and bought some floormats from Weather Tech to contain filth and combat my four year old's attempt at defiling my ride.

I plan on holding onto her until 2012.
Heh - provided you were referring to the car ;), looks like those plans changed, didn't they? :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.