GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basically, here's the pics I posted on the "other" GM forum about a week ago that I got from a fellow Chevy Avalanche club member. Him and another member had been invited to a focus group for the new Avalanche and one was able to take a pic of a pic. Looks a lot cleaner, but I still love the cladding on our 2002.

Anwyay, here's the pics:

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Hey Beach- welcome to the boards and thanks for the pics!

I do like the way the Avalanche is going-- this looks much more aggressive than the current non-cladded version.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks for the pictures.

My .02:

Why, after undertaking a wholesale shift in their truck sheetmetal in order to copy the look of the current Avalanche, is GM going to switch right back? This truck looks to me like it more closely resembles the 1999-2002 silverado 1500s.

I think the Avalanche looks better the way it is and I think the trucks look better the way that they were. If Chevy goes this route with an edgy Silverado and a rounded Avalanche, they'll have gotten both of the designs wrong.:brick:

I also don't think that this looks "more aggressive" than the current design even without cladding. It looks more rounded and conservative from a sheetmetal perspective. The 20" chromes will never see production if anyone with a brain still works at GM, so that doesn't warrant comment IMO.

Still, not a bad looking vehicle, I just like the Avalanche with an edgy BADA$$ look.

·
Registered
922 Posts
The front end of this pic looks similar to the front end of the suburban in the 2005 Suburban thread, maybe this is the new look of GMs trucks until the major redo.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Not trying to be an ******* at all, but we (C&G) were told to remove the pictures late last week.

May want to keep that in mind.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Originally posted by Josh O@Jan 19 2004, 02:57 AM
Not trying to be an ******* at all, but we (C&G) were told to remove the pictures late last week.

May want to keep that in mind.
shaddap you! I wana see the pics! email to me please!

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Its not really that big of a departure from the current "No Cladding" Avalanche, Heres the big change: Headights, taillights and there is no stupid piece of strip cladding at the bottom of the tailgate.

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Lutz is not against the cladding on the Avalanche rather he made cladding an option. I don't like the cladding but if you do go ahead and order it. GM likes the profits it makes on its trucks, right?

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Originally posted by dmjr77@Feb 13 2004, 10:28 PM
I clicked on the link and it did not work. Where can I see the photos of the 05 Avalanche?
They have been removed from essentially everysite due to embargo rules. So you pretty much can't get them unless someone saved them to a hard drive.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts