GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this from thedieselplace.com. Says it's a pic from Gm Argentina's website. Not sure that it will be the new 2500HD/3500 but the way Chevy has talked it sure looks like a good possiblity.

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
I stand corrected, it looked like a chop to me. Thats it guys, that is your 2004 2500HD Silverado, great detective work!

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
Whoopee, a new grille that's uglier than the current one.... and the Avalanche-inspired front clip never worked as well on this body as the original, released in '98. The creases ahead of the glass are alot more profound than what's in the cab and behind it.

F150, Ram, and the imports are gonna start chipping away at GM's truck share until a more-considerable redesign happens. This new grille won't change that. They haven't even invested in a new interior for this iteration, and that's in need of a great overhaul.

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Originally posted by TaHoE@Jul 2 2004, 08:17 AM
I stand corrected, it looked like a chop to me. Thats it guys, that is your 2004 2500HD Silverado, great detective work!
you mean 2005.. :lol:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Originally posted by desmo9@Jul 2 2004, 05:23 PM
Whoopee, a new grille that's uglier than the current one.... and the Avalanche-inspired front clip never worked as well on this body as the original, released in '98. The creases ahead of the glass are alot more profound than what's in the cab and behind it.

F150, Ram, and the imports are gonna start chipping away at GM's truck share until a more-considerable redesign happens. This new grille won't change that. They haven't even invested in a new interior for this iteration, and that's in need of a great overhaul.
While thats you, im not really fond of the 05 Fords big azz front grille its to ugly, i think that new look on that chevy above looks cool even if its not it. B)

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
This picture was posted GMI just today, and what do you know, I saw one on the road on my way home from work, a grey 2500HD extended cab. It looks really good, even with the Avalanche headlights.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I don't know. Look closely, and you can see that even though the truck is at a slight angle to the camera, the grille is a straight head on view. Also, there is a very faint line on the hood above the grille. I think it's a chop, but who is to say G.M. didn't chop it to show what the new truck is supposed to look like. Also, keep in mind that both Brazil and Argentina often make slight body and trim modifications to their domestic Chevrolets. Remember the Isuzu Hombre? It was really just a South American S-10. It could be the Argentinian 2005 Silverado, but not necessarily ours. It will be interesting to see!

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Originally posted by C/K Man@Jul 3 2004, 03:34 AM
I don't know. Look closely, and you can see that even though the truck is at a slight angle to the camera, the grille is a straight head on view. Also, there is a very faint line on the hood above the grille. I think it's a chop, but who is to say G.M. didn't chop it to show what the new truck is supposed to look like. Also, keep in mind that both Brazil and Argentina often make slight body and trim modifications to their domestic Chevrolets. Remember the Isuzu Hombre? It was really just a South American S-10. It could be the Argentinian 2005 Silverado, but not necessarily ours. It will be interesting to see!
It's entirely possible that GM chopped it. They've been doing it for decades. I have GM brochures from the 70's, back when they used to change grilles very often, and you would have the exact same picture in 2 or 3 different years' brochures, but the grille would be different.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Originally posted by MelvinJ@Jul 3 2004, 03:25 AM
This picture was posted GMI just today, and what do you know, I saw one on the road on my way home from work, a grey 2500HD extended cab. It looks really good, even with the Avalanche headlights.
So this is what they are going to look like then. They look better now that they have a larger hood and a different grill. Not major changes, but enough to set the HD's apart from the LD's. I still like the 01' & 02' HD's better though. Can't wait for the completely new platform in 2008... :D

·
Registered
723 Posts
Originally posted by Chevyfreek+Jul 4 2004, 11:35 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Chevyfreek @ Jul 4 2004, 11:35 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MelvinJ@Jul 3 2004, 03:25 AM
This picture was posted GMI just today, and what do you know, I saw one on the road on my way home from work, a grey 2500HD extended cab.  It looks really good, even with the Avalanche headlights.
So this is what they are going to look like then. They look better now that they have a larger hood and a different grill. Not major changes, but enough to set the HD's apart from the LD's. I still like the 01' & 02' HD's better though. Can't wait for the completely new platform in 2008... :D [/b][/quote]
2008????!!!!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
The picture doesn't look to bad but I'm waiting for the official release from GM. I think it will be soon but they don't want to hurt sales of the 04.

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Originally posted by Mr. Green@Jul 9 2004, 07:20 PM
The picture doesn't look to bad but I'm waiting for the official release from GM. I think it will be soon but they don't want to hurt sales of the 04.
That is an offcial pic, just leaked.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'd say that is a chop because that is the same picture Chevy had on thier websites except different color and grill. But the guy inside and the truck next to it are the exact same and doing to same thing. I think it's a chop. But GM could have done it. <_<

·
Registered
33 Posts
Originally posted by chadbarb99+Jul 9 2004, 05:23 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (chadbarb99 @ Jul 9 2004, 05:23 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 4 2004, 11:35 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-MelvinJ
@Jul 3 2004, 03:25 AM
This picture was posted GMI just today, and what do you know, I saw one on the road on my way home from work, a grey 2500HD extended cab.  It looks really good, even with the Avalanche headlights.

So this is what they are going to look like then. They look better now that they have a larger hood and a different grill. Not major changes, but enough to set the HD's apart from the LD's. I still like the 01' & 02' HD's better though. Can't wait for the completely new platform in 2008... :D
2008????!!!!!! [/b][/quote]
Well the last I heard was that the new Silverado platform will be out in late 2007 as a 2008 model. I know they are going to make the changes to the Tahoe and Suburban for 2006, so maybe it will be 07' for the trucks. I wonder if this will just be the 1/2 tons though? When they released the new platform in 98'/99' the 2500HD's and 3500's did not get released until 2 years later. So I wonder how long it will really be till the new platform HD's are released? Hopefully by 08' we will have the new HD platform! :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.