GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gm will soon offer a limited number of a 2004 C-Model 2WD trucks built with a K-Model torsion bar suspension. It will have a unique frame that is similar to the K-model 4-wheel drive The coil spring suspension that is normally used on the 2-wheel drive vehicles has been replaced by a torsion bar suspension. It has a High Performance Package offering the same 345 hp 6.0 litre engine as the Silverado SS, but in a 2-wheel drive form.

Highlites:

20” Chrome 5-spoke wheels (not the same as on the Silverado SS)
20” Tires (P275/55R20)
LQ9 Vortec “High Ouput 345 hp V8
M32 4-speed HD Automatic Transmission
Unique “Vortec High Output” Badging
C-Model 2WD built with a K-Model Torsion Bar Suspension

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by paul8488@Feb 23 2004, 05:54 PM
enlighten a canuck... what's the 'texas truck' connection to this? does it come with a free dixie chicks cd?
lol, no chicks with this, they are calling this limited edition "Texas Truck" just that. I don't know why they are calling it that but it's a package put together from GM for those who wanted a 2WD truck with the HP of the Silverado SS.

There will be another limited edition comming soon with a new appearance package entitled the “Spring Special”. This will be a 2-wheel drive, extended cab with 20- inch wheels and tires. Unlike the Texas Truck, the powertrain will be
the existing engine (LM7) and transmission (M30). All Spring Special trucks will be painted Indigo Blue Metallic (39U) - a colour that had been previously cancelled.

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
ahhh... so these are just small lots of 'special' models? like the chevy 'thunder' a few years back? i could be wrong (as i'm not a truck guy) but i don't think we get many of those different models here in canada.

no dixie chicks? i bet in texas you can get them on the floor mats!

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Can anybody tell me why they would go to the trouble of building a 2WD truck with the 4WD truck's torsion bar suspension? What's the point of that?

·
Banned
7,944 Posts
As far as I see it, it looks like the option is for GMC trucks only?

So this could end up being GMC's version of the "SS" trucks.

I do like the 6.0 litre and 2wd combo, now what I really would like to see, is this combo in a regular cab and a manual.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Originally posted by MCGARRETT@Apr 4 2004, 10:31 PM
As far as I see it, it looks like the option is for GMC trucks only?

So this could end up being GMC's version of the "SS" trucks.

I do like the 6.0 litre and 2wd combo, now what I really would like to see, is this combo in a regular cab and a manual.
Just built a 2004 Silverado LT extended cab pick up using my Louisiana zip code. I was able to option the LQ9 Vortec 6000. So, it is available in the Silverado. Too bad it's not available in the single cab form. Anyway, I just thought I'd pass that along. I also noticed an option for an appearance package. I'm going to check out the Chevrolet dealers this weekend to see if I can find one on a lot.

One important thing. The LQ9 is only available in the Silverado LT and Sierra SLT (top trim level).

·
Registered
520 Posts
This morning I stopped by a local dealership and there were two Silverado's equipped with the "Sport Package". It is a $2,875 option that includes the Vortec 6000, 20" wheels and a sport suspension. The bottom line on one of the trucks was $38,975. Anyway, just thought I'd pass that along.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I did think that was strange. I only based that comment on the what I was able to do one the Chevrolet and GMC websites. I stand corrected.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Some changes made to the Texas truck and Spring Special Truck. Through marketing they asked to make some changes to these two package offerings to increase sales.

They are going to offer the Spring Special in the full colour pallet, so it will include
the eight current colours and indigo blue. Also it will be offered nationwide throughout the U.S. and Canada.

The Texas Truck will now be offered in indigo blue, which is currently only available on the Spring Special. The Texas Truck is currently available in eight colours but soon it will be offered in indigo also. There is no talk of offering this truck package to any other states other than Oklahoma, Texas and Louisiana.

Next year when the Texas Truck is brought back in the fall, it may be available nationwide to Canada and all through the United States.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just picked up one of these trucks last week Silverado Ext Cab LT. I am having a hard time finding the information of the modifications that are done to acheive the 345 HP. Does anyone know what HP parts they add or change to get there?

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by TRK@May 16 2004, 09:32 AM
I just picked up one of these trucks last week Silverado Ext Cab LT. I am having a hard time finding the information of the modifications that are done to acheive the 345 HP. Does anyone know what HP parts they add or change to get there?
The truck comes equiped with the same engine that is in the Silverado SS. A standard high output LQ9 version of the Vortec 6000 V8, with 345 horsepower and 380 lb-ft of torque. As far as HP Parts they used/changed I havn't a clue. Visit SilveradoSS.com and see what you can find out if you like. You post any pics of your truck in the members garage yet?

·
Registered
6 Posts
First post here!
I just bought a 2004 GMC with the Sierra Performance Package and it has the 20" wheels and 6000 Vortec LQ9 345 HP.I only have 1200 miles on it and I have add a grill, snuglid, and lowered it 2"in the front and 2" in the rear.I have put a picture in the Garage if you would like to see it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts