GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seen a commercial and it said it has a 250hp 3.5l v6
is the v6 gm made? or is it some other company that makes the engine?
from what i know the 3.5 gm makes is around 200hp
anyone have info on this?

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
That's the Honda engine.

I thought it was odd they mentioned that engine in the commercial, since the VUE shown was not the Redline.

GM's comparable engine is the 3.6L in the Buick Rendezvous, but for some zany reason they got locked into some contract to buy Honda engines and profit Honda.... :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
According to the press material I got at CIAS yesterday, ALL Vue V6 engines have 250hp. Not just the Redline. At least here in Canada.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are these honda engines DOHC?

because the gm engines seem underpowered compared to the japanese engines :(

·
Registered
651 Posts
Originally posted by god@Feb 16 2004, 03:24 AM
Are these honda engines DOHC?

because the gm engines seem underpowered compared to the japanese engines :(
If they run off of regular gas then the rating would be very similar to a Pilot or Oddessy

·
Registered
396 Posts
Originally posted by jmiller417@Feb 23 2004, 03:12 AM
The 3.5L is rated at 250hp in the VUE, 10 more than in the Hondas, I think.
you forgot to mention a very important thing, next to the fact that the 3.5L in the VUE makes more horsepower [thanks to a larger cat-back exhaust system]. the 3.5L in the VUE doesn't have VTEC which means it can use regular 87-octane gas. think about it - more horsepower, and cheaper gas than its honda "counterparts"

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just picked up a 2004 AWD with the 3.5. I owned a Subaru outback and live in NJ. Will not go back to 2WD nor will my wife after she drove and bought a Audi A4 Quatro. Nasty fast engine this Honda. Haven't even really let it out and REGULAR gas. $1.59 in Jersey. The salesman mentioned the Honda engine 7 times during the test drive. Took out a 2.2 first and it was NOISY.... was glad to get back in the Outback. Came back a week later for the V6.
This was a demo with everything listed for $30K but sold for only $25K and 6K miles.
Anyone have the 6CD, 180 watt stereo, subwoofer and XM. Stinks. Really not that loud and the Subwoofer is a joke.... My Subaru and a few hundred bucks sounds better. Have to look at the speakers. Hope I can adjust the subwoofer. This stereo cost some $600!. Plus I have OnStar. Another $600 option.

·
Registered
710 Posts
250-hp 3.5 that gets 20/28 while running on 87 octane.
After rebate, I priced one out to about $20K. The wife
and I plan to go check them out really soon. That is a
hard bargain to compete with... I want to push towards
the Redline, but the color choices are just awful. I wish
it would come in a decent red or blue!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts