GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,918 Posts
just a thought here:
if you close the vents on the side where they aren't needed, it shouldn't blow even more on the side where they are open?

also, you didn't mentioned nothing about the steering feeling nor the modding potential of the 3.8...
do your homework well before going for a drive, and don't leave anything aside.
it also helps when you compare (vibrations, noise level, stereo, etc) to name the car you're comparing with...

· Registered
1,918 Posts
I bet anyone who gets one at least changes the pulley right away. To some extent, those s/c 3.8's had the reputation of the lt1's and ls1's: you can't find one stock no more...
The point I'm trying to make here is that there is a huge difference between an uninformed buyer who just goes and test drive a car without knowing anything about it, and someone who knows exactly what is buying.
For instance, you only mentioned the hp rating, not a single word about torque delivery, rpm's, etc. That's what a chick would look at, not a discerning customer.
As a conclusion, I really don't think you were fair toward this product. maybe it wasn't your intention, but that's what it looks like.

· Registered
1,918 Posts
I can't see really why anyone is bothered by the headroom in the rear seats? I mean who really sits there, and for how long? Childrens or the occasional mother in law: they don't need that much headroom. Is not like in a Bentley where the big kahuna sits there...

· Registered
1,918 Posts
I'm not small at all, but my point was: I, as a car owner I will never sit there...
I'm really curious as who REALLY needs bigger rear seats: if someone plans to carry around all the time big fellas in the rear, maybe he should consider a car with more pillowy float to begin with: can you say buick lesabre?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.