GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The like the sedan and the maxx. Wow, didnt think they would rank this over the new Galant. They said that it was a great car for a revitalized Chevy.
Man I love Autoweek. I think, as does mr.grank, that the maxx is the biggest pimp mobile out there, or in granks words... uber-swank.

·
Registered
44,547 Posts
<_< Awwwwww geeez. This is insane. As much as I love GM and their products, the Malibu is just butt *** ugly. It may even handle well and be well built, but that doesn't make it look any better than it is.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Originally posted by mgescuro@Feb 11 2004, 09:05 AM
<_<  Awwwwww geeez.  This is insane.  As much as I love GM and their products, the Malibu is just butt *** ugly.    It may even handle well and be well built, but that doesn't make it look any better than it is.
Yea, but the Galant is MUCH less attractive... looks like the front got melted... :laughbounce:

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its on again.
Sad part is, its the only GM car, and one of 4 domestics.
They voted the Ford GT as one of the dream cars
The F150 for best truck
And Durango for best family SUV. At least thats all I saw. FX45 beats out the SRX? ahhhh can you say 3 row seating?

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
Actually, that was -MOTORWEEK-, the PBS auto-news magazine, that picked the 2004 Malibu as its best family car.

As for the pimp-out factor, the 300C will give it a run, but I still think the 300C says "pin-stripes and violin cases," and it doesn't have the craziness of the MAXX, or its prime capacity as a love machine.

Ghrankenstein

·
Registered
372 Posts
Originally posted by Ghrankenstein@Feb 11 2004, 05:34 PM
As for the pimp-out factor, the 300C will give it a run, but I still think the 300C says "pin-stripes and violin cases," and it doesn't have the craziness of the MAXX, or its prime capacity as a love machine.
:roflmao:

·
Registered
922 Posts
Oh how I do miss Motorweek! That was my favorite show, If I wasnt around on Sunday I would always tape it. They seemed to be pretty unbiased and there were no comercials. But recently my cable company thought it was not neccasary to carry Detroit Public Television anymore. We have Lansing public TV station but it doesnt show Motorweek. BLAH!

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
Be happy, LGR. We don't have Motorweek anymore down here either, and I thought it was a great show too. Jennifer Khasnabas (sp?) was quite hot. At least you get hockey whenever you want, and you also have Stoney and Wojo.

Ghrank

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
it was on Speed. I dont get any cool detroit tv car show stations. I get 20 hrs of NASCAR, and 3hrs of infomercials, and 1 hr of car shows. I hope the new line up brings some new, cool shows. This NASCAR stuff has to stop.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
I think the Malibu will be a real seller in the "looking for basic transportation" category. And this is a most important category since the majority of people are looking for just that. I like the interior. The exterior colors go with the car's theme (as I understand it).

Auto Week. I have been watching it for some time. Can't stand that opening commercial for Ebay where the guy is walking along a street full of vettes and an old woman in a bath robe is waving to him. They have been playing that commercial too long. Does AutoWeek give anybody a bad rating? Goss' garage brings up some interesting points/parts. It's probably as good as anything else on Monday night tv.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
As for the pimp-out factor, the 300C will give it a run, but I still think the 300C says "pin-stripes and violin cases,"
How fast can the two of you get to Santa Cecilia?..uh-uh, Campa...bring your guitars... :D

·
Registered
922 Posts
Originally posted by 69nova@Feb 13 2004, 08:48 AM
I think the Malibu will be a real seller in the "looking for basic transportation" category. And this is a most important category since the majority of people are looking for just that. I like the interior. The exterior colors go with the car's theme (as I understand it).

Auto Week. I have been watching it for some time. Can't stand that opening commercial for Ebay where the guy is walking along a street full of vettes and an old woman in a bath robe is waving to him. They have been playing that commercial too long. Does AutoWeek give anybody a bad rating? Goss' garage brings up some interesting points/parts. It's probably as good as anything else on Monday night tv.
MotorWeek! Yes that commercial is dumb. From the begining I have liked the new Malibu and strangely the Maxx too. I am glad to see it being accepted by the critics, and by how many I have seen on the road, the buying public too.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
MPT's MotorWeek Chevy Malibu Review

You gotta here the part that says, "All enclose a spacious and well-equipped interior, with a super clean, logical layout. The interior trim and fabrics are first rate, with fine grain, low luster plastics that would be at home in the best import brand rivals. Wow. We never said that about a Chevy before".

1 - 16 of 16 Posts