Registered
2,032 Posts
This is indeed encouraging news that GM is not blaming the testing
methods. By taking responsibility, we can be assured of a safer
Malibu in the future. :)

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
10 bucks says they remove the cool chrome bar and make the Malibu look like this:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: <_< <_< <_<

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
Originally posted by Mikkoo@Mar 1 2004, 03:19 PM
This is indeed encouraging news that GM is not blaming the testing
methods.  By taking responsibility, we can be assured of a safer
Malibu in the future.  :)
yup, good point. but does GM not test its cars to these standards during development? they must know they will eventually be tested, so why not ensure they meet the requirements to begin with? i find it odd that they'd allow the car to come out with less than acceptable bumpers. stupid mistake, since they obviously don't mind spending the cash to make them better (i'd bet it woulda been cheaper to do it right the first time).

·
Registered
103 Posts
I hate the look of the new CSV (drawing a blank i am pretty sure that was the name!) If gm releases the new "mini vans" with that face they might as well kiss their marketshare goodbye. I kinda like the current look, if they went off of that and refreshed it and went with the new interior that would sell much more than a half suv half van! GM always takes too many ideas and throws them at one vehicle trying to please every one and it ends up looking so disgusting with too many weird design elements that no one would want it cause it is fugly so they throw a few thousand dollars in rebates at it and people buy them to save money

·
Registered
8,853 Posts
Originally posted by Ming@Mar 1 2004, 03:55 PM
10 bucks says they remove the cool chrome bar and make the Malibu look like this:

My internal sources tell me that IS the new-for-2008 Malibu. :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Originally posted by Ming@Mar 1 2004, 03:55 PM

Are you in the wrong chat room. This has nothing to do with the look of the cars. This must be how you get so many post on your record. Sure I can add in bland remark that have nothing to do with it's subject on a forum too, Bing, I mean Ming. :roflmao:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Originally posted by PaleGreen@Mar 1 2004, 02:00 AM

It'd be great if they can work a mild facelift into the bumper redesign! Maybe for 2006?
Yup, I could tell just by looking. A minor impact could trash the bumper, both grilles, one of those humungous headlights, and the all-important chrome ugly-strip. :lol:

Who wants to bet the redesign will look even WORSE? <_<

·
Registered
14 Posts
Originally posted by sam4irene+Mar 1 2004, 01:46 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sam4irene @ Mar 1 2004, 01:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Ming@Mar 1 2004, 03:55 PM

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  <_<  <_<  <_<
Are you in the wrong chat room. This has nothing to do with the look of the cars. This must be how you get so many post on your record. Sure I can add in bland remark that have nothing to do with it's subject on a forum too, Bing, I mean Ming. :roflmao: [/b][/quote]
Lighten up, Francis!!!!!

·
Registered
43,795 Posts
<_<
Well.. at least GM is revising the design.

It's a bit discouraging that the 9-3 and the Malibu are on the same platform.... yet the 9-3 sets the safety standard... and the other need to revise its bumper design.
tsk tsk tsk

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
Originally posted by mgescuro@Mar 2 2004, 08:20 PM
<_<
Well.. at least GM is revising the design.

It's a bit discouraging that the 9-3 and the Malibu are on the same platform.... yet the 9-3 sets the safety standard... and the other need to revise its bumper design.
tsk tsk tsk
but as the article states, the problems aren't safety related but repair-cost related. i guess i'd like to have cheaper repair costs, but i'd be more concerned with crash rating scores.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I would like to say that cars that are cheaper to repair
would lower insurance premiums... but we all know an
insurance carrier is never going to "lower" premiums.
But, yeah, I pick safety over cheap repairs, too.

·
Registered
10,431 Posts
It sounds like gm is really putting a huge effort into thier cars. Lower premiums are always a plus

That is a shame for me, though,I would be in a Malibu Maxx LT, but after test driving it (and the regular version) I found the front headrest angle to be crazy uncomfortable. There are certain ways that you can hold your neck and have your entire body hurt, Chevrolet enginers have found a way to make this happen to me. The dealer was not very knowledgeable about the car, however, there could be a way to adjust the headrest angle. Anyone know if there is? Otherwise, it looks like a honda for me.

·
Banned
7,944 Posts
The dealer was not very knowledgeable about the car, however, there could be a way to adjust the headrest angle. Anyone know if there is? Otherwise, it looks like a honda for me.

1-Go to another Chevrolet dealership!

2-You mean to tell me that there isn't another car in the entire GM range that you would consider buying? It's either Malibu or the stupid Accord?

3-Find anyway to adjust the headrest, there has to be a way.

Never trust a testing group funded by the auto insurance industry...

I agree! Do you ever notice how the best-sellers do poorly in crash tests? Since there are more of that particular vehicle out there, they have a better chance of jacking up the premuims on that vehicle....and making more money. B)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Originally posted by MCGARRETT@Mar 3 2004, 05:13 PM
The dealer was not very knowledgeable about the car, however, there could be a way to adjust the headrest angle. Anyone know if there is? Otherwise, it looks like a honda for me.
I found this too, quite uncomfortable. <_<
I checked carefully, hoping that the headrests swiveled up and down, but no luck.
I suppose they could be removed altogther. :blink:

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
But, according to the USA Today report, the Acura TSX did worse than the Chevrolet Malibu, and American Honda isn't supposedly replacing the TSX, because it is based on the European Accord. Anyone know how the Accord did in Europe, the same one as the TSX? :p

·
Registered
37 Posts
Can someone also explain to me why Chevy Malibu Maxx' sister car the Vauxhall Signum looks 1000 times better! As far as the poor bumper crash, its a relatively easy fix. But also I think that whoever designed the new Malibu, whoever in marketing department decided that it should be another bland GM car should be fired promptly.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts