GM Inside News Forum banner

2004 Grand Prix vs. 2004 Mazda 6 s

4K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Mr_Pringle 
#1 ·
Which one do you think handles the best. There's no doubt the grand prix is faster in acceleration. I need to know cuz one of my buddies says the mazda 6 handles a lot better. I guess i just want your opinion on that i guess thanks

#2 ·
Originally posted by donmarco@Oct 30 2003, 01:18 AM
Which one do you think handles the best. There's no doubt the grand prix is faster in acceleration. I need to know cuz one of my buddies says the mazda 6 handles a lot better. I guess i just want your opinion on that i guess thanks
The Mazda 6 is a smaller car by far. The Grand Prix is a muscular hard accelerating true mid-size sedan - with a lot of useful passenger and cargo space.

It's like the difference between a Miata and a GTO. Both handle well (the Grand Prix GTP with Comp G package very well), but one is a purpose-built "handler" and the other is a big torque monster.

It depends what you are looking for. Me, personally, as the owner of a Supercharged Bonneville, I would recommend the Pontiac Grand Prix GTP. The rush of power from the engine from the stoplight is a thrill, something you wont find in a high revver like the 6.

Next year's '05 Pontiac G6 w/supercharger and AWD will be a much closer comparison to the Mazda 6 if you want to compare apples to apples.

I also like the Mazda 6 a lot though -- I'd take it over and Accord, Altima or Camry any day of the week. B) It's smaller than I'd like for a sedan, but I like the looks, the engine, and the character of it.

#4 ·
Originally posted by Ming@Oct 30 2003, 04:08 PM
Next year's '05 Pontiac G6 w/supercharger and AWD will be a much closer comparison to the Mazda 6 if you want to compare apples to apples.
what the heck? a supercharged AWD car versus a FWD naturally aspirated japanese ford? how is that apples to apples. maybe the FWD N/A 3.5L G6 versus the mazda 6 s, but i can't see how a boosted car with all-wheel-drive would would be put against the mazda.

#6 ·
As the very proud owner of a 2003 Mazda 6, I can honestly say this car's handling is amazing! I don't have to pay attention to those reduced speed limit signs on curvy roads and exit ramps anymore. I absolutely love throwing this car around the corners. I have never driven a new GTP, but I would say the 6 could probably out-handle it. But the GTP definately wins in the power game. My 6 is a 4-cylinder so no comparisons there. But the handling makes this an extremely fun car to drive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.