GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Motor Trends recent issue (January) tests the new 2004 Dodge Ram SRT-10 and boasts a 0-60mph in 5.2 seconds and a 1/4 mile of 13.86 @ 101.49mph. It's transmission is the same one as in the viper. With [email protected] and 525lb/ft [email protected] it may well have taken over top spot in the muscle truck category. With the current SVT program on hiatus looks like Dodge has it's moment of glory for the time being. I don't mind the looks but that front end makes me cringe...IMHO.

With that being said will GM ever consider competing in this category and what would they use in terms of engines and body. I suspect it would have to be built as a regular cab since the Ext cab just doesn't fit into this category.

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Are 500hp trucks really necessary? I thought trucks were supposed to be trucks.
I'd rather have better towing, better ride, more capacity, etc.... then a 0-60 in 5.3 seconds

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
Motor Trends recent issue (January) tests the new 2004 Dodge Ram SRT-10 and boasts a 0-60mph in 5.2 seconds and a 1/4 mile of 13.86 @ 101.49mph.
With that being said will GM ever consider competing in this category and what would they use in terms of engines and body.
They're going to build some 15000 all-weather capable extended-cab trucks, instead of 2500 regular-cab trucks, that tow 7500 pounds instead of not recommended for towing, and that can still hit 60 mph in 6.3 seconds and run a 14.8 quarter mile. I know it makes little sense, but they're going to also charge less for them, and give them rebates.

When will GM learn?

Ghrankenstein

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Rex Raider@Dec 2 2003, 07:10 AM
Are 500hp trucks really necessary?  I thought trucks were supposed to be trucks.
I'd rather have better towing, better ride, more capacity, etc.... then a 0-60 in 5.3 seconds
You would fall in the Silverado SS group then rex...it has all of those.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts