GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey has anyone seen the 2004 Chevrolet Caprice SS, it sells over in the middle east and comes with a 5.7 Gen. III V8 RWD, it has 328hp and 470 torque. This is a excellent car that is way better than the current impala or monte carlo. The only question i have is why it isnt sold in the united states?

Caprice SS

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
why do you ask? in the us gm sells what the customers want... people here are too busy buying suv's, minivans and trucks, they don't care about cool cars like this one.

on a side note, the ss is available in white and other colours too-eheh-

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just as I suspected. Look at the Holden Caprice and compare; very similar...
It seems like Holden has the stuff we wish we had here; the big RWD V8 sedan, even the truck/car idea of the El Camino is represented!

Look at the other versions on that gmarabia.com, like the Caprice LTZ, and you'll definitely see the resemblance.

Holden Caprice URL

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I like their Lumina, which is our GTO in coupe form. They get a nice sedan also, with the GTO powerplant.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Originally posted by hpmartin@Apr 22 2004, 02:04 PM
Just as I suspected. Look at the Holden Caprice and compare; very similar...
It seems like Holden has the stuff we wish we had here; the big RWD V8 sedan, even the truck/car idea of the El Camino is represented!

Look at the other versions on that gmarabia.com, like the Caprice LTZ, and you'll definitely see the resemblance.

Holden Caprice URL
Thats because they are the same car. Holden exports the caprice's and commodores to the middle east as the chevy caprice and chevy lumina

But i would love to have them here.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
It's funny how GM rebadges good cars that we want here in America, but sells them to every other country as Chevrolets and, soon, Daewoos. Meanwhile statesite, we get vehicles rebadged from other vehicles that aren't so great *cough*CSV*cough*

1 - 6 of 6 Posts