GM Inside News Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2003 Northface Edition Trailblazer back in September and everything seemed to be ok with it. Recently I've noticed that my gas tank is possibly leaking. When I am at the pump filling it up, the tank will hit full and I will proceed to hear a noise.

The first time I wasn't paying attention to this so I didn't see where it came from. The next time I filled up, the pump clicked off, I heard a splash and saw the gas dripping down from the underside of the vehicle.

Is there some sort of "over fill" protection built into these things? I've never seen it before.

It doesn't appear I'm losing gas when I'm parked, but that doesn't mean I don't have a defective tank.

I don't know if this is the correct forum to post to, but I'd thought I'd ask to find out.

Thanks for any info

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Originally posted by ERock@Dec 6 2003, 09:09 PM
I purchased a 2003 Northface Edition Trailblazer back in September and everything seemed to be ok with it. Recently I've noticed that my gas tank is possibly leaking. When I am at the pump filling it up, the tank will hit full and I will proceed to hear a noise.

The first time I wasn't paying attention to this so I didn't see where it came from. The next time I filled up, the pump clicked off, I heard a splash and saw the gas dripping down from the underside of the vehicle.

Is there some sort of "over fill" protection built into these things? I've never seen it before.

It doesn't appear I'm losing gas when I'm parked, but that doesn't mean I don't have a defective tank.

I don't know if this is the correct forum to post to, but I'd thought I'd ask to find out.

Thanks for any info
I do know one thing--it definitely sounds wrong. It isn't normal, I'd bring it into the dealer and complain.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I am not sure if your vehical has a problem, but I know when I go to the a certain Shell station and a certain pump nozle that my gas will over flow after it has clicked. It happened once so I just had to go to that pump again and see if it would do it again.. and it did, but all the other pumps work fine so i just think it is a nozzle problem not the TB's fault. It doesnt bug me besides my shoes get gas on them, because they had a hard time on Myth Busters blowing up gas fumes etc.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sounds like a defective pump to me. Your tank is fine as long as it isn't losing gas normally. I often think that my Montana has a defective gas tank. It seem to empty way too fast. :p

·
Registered
922 Posts
You gotta keep your foot of the gas, I know that 3.4 is a racing engine but you gotta slow down if you want to not use so much gas :lol:
Yah I sure I had a bad pump... maybe its Erocks problem too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too purchased a Northface Edition TrailBlazer and have found that when I fill it up with gas, it tends to overfill and leak out onto the ground.

·
Registered
350 Posts
My LS and LS Extended trailblazer have both done it. It is not all the time it just seems every once in a while. Just my experience I don't know if there is something worng all I know it does not do it all the time so I am not worried.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Vehicle is Difficult to Fill with Fuel or Filling Station Pump Shuts Off Before Tank is Full or Fuel Spits Back/Out When Filling Tank (Replace Fuel Tank Filler Upper Pipe and Lower Hose) #04-06-04-003 - (01/12/2004)

This should take care of the problem.....

·
Registered
922 Posts
Originally posted by TransAmChic@Jan 20 2004, 09:32 PM
My LS and LS Extended trailblazer have both done it. It is not all the time it just seems every once in a while. Just my experience I don't know if there is something worng all I know it does not do it all the time so I am not worried.
Dido with my TB

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.