GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
IMO, this is what they should have went to in 98, and not what they did with the whole ram air stuff. Yes, it looks good, but this one looks very streamlined and sleek. Maybe not the shaker scoop, but the body looks very clean. Perhaps pull thoes body gaps tighter, this could have been the next evolution in the firebird... oh well.
That car has a 427 LS motor in it... very kicka**.

·
Banned
7,944 Posts
This car was done by GM as a show car during the end of the F-bodys production run, it's sort of like what a 1970 Trans Am would look like updated to 2002. As far as I know there was never any consideration to make this the 2003 Firebird, though it would have been nice!!!

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I've seen it at several car shows along side the blue widebody Camaro.

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
i still remember when the last version of the F-bodies came out (i forget what year)... i saw a pic of a yellow trans-am in car and driver (i think). i was amazed! i remember the article said "even if the trans am isn't supercar quick (and it comes close)..."! i was so impressed... and it made me realise that these cars were everymans supercar.

my ma bought a brand new 1986 trans am... black with gold wheels and skirts, T-roof, WS6 handling package, big chicken on the hood... i was too wittle to drive it when it was new, but we had it for over 10 years. i can remember taking it camping (probably in the summer of '95), and a couple in their 40's came up and said "what a beautiful car"! not bad, for a 10 year old muscle car... one that didn't have a single modification... had never really been touched at all!

sure, they're gone now, and some might try to downplay their significance... but i think they were pretty super cars, if not supercars!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts