GM Inside News Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this forum. I leased a 2003 GMC Envoy XL in June 2003. When I took it in for routine service (6,000-mile checkup), I informed the service manager that our 2nd row was getting only neutral to cold(!) air blowing out of the top vents, even if we had the rear control set on the highest heat temp and fan speed. He thought I didn't understand how to operate it, so gave me a lesson in operation. When he couldn't produce heat either, he told me it was broken and to schedule a new appointment to have it fixed. I brought it in for the next appointment and was called to pick it up that night. When I got there, they hadn't fixed anything and I was told I was operating it incorrectly. I asked for another demonstration, and the service tech could not make it work either. The night service manager came to look at it and agreed it should be fixed. On my third visit, the service tech again insisted it was not broken, and isn't meant to blow heat, just AC --- huh???!!! I asked if the 2nd and 3rd row passengers were just supposed to freeze back there (as my children had all winter!) He said he would take a look at it again. When he returned, he handed me a GM Service Information bulletin that indicated that Poor Heater Performance in the 2nd & 3rd Row Seats has been a complaint of some customers in colder climates, particularly when one runs the car at idle or at slower speeds. It also indicated that repairs should not be made, that this is normal (!) for this car. GM is trying to get their engineers to fix the problem. In the meantime, my kids will continue to freeze for 3 more years until this lease runs out. The service at the dealer was condescending and unhelpful. We will NEVER buy American again! Unfortunate, because the Envoy is beautiful and handles well. As an aside, the interior isn't particularly well thought out, with CD's only fitting sideways in the console, so you can't see the titles unless you remove them from the console. And the 2nd row cupholders don't actually hold a cup when you make a turn (they dump right out of the holder.) Although the Envoy is considerably better than the Jeep Grand Cherokee we had a few years ago, we will definitely be switching back to Japanese cars - probably Nissan next time. although Volvo and Lexus were tempting. GM just does not get the whole customer service thing!

·
Registered
922 Posts
My favorite part is when nobody responds to posts like this, but I just couldnt not say anything. First, unfortunately GM does'nt run or own there dealers so they can't be totaly responsible for your bad service. In the TSB it says the system works but not as well in colder climates, and engineering changes do not take that long to come about. And to think that by going to a foreign brand because your kids' noses are 70 degrees and not 80 is totaly ridiculus. Maybe you didnt get the memo that foreign brands are not perfect. I hope though that you enjoy the rest of you lease and that they find a solution to your problem, and when you go and trade that Envoy in for a Xterra that you feel better about yourself because you now have a *** car who's CD holder is to your liking, and because some guy at the INDEPENDANT dealer wasnt nice to you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.