GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2002 silverado 1500 hd when you turn on the truck the headlights & tail, parklights come on automatic without them being turned on manunal and they won't turn off untill the truck is off.what could be the problem?

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Did you buy it used?

·
Banned
8,969 Posts
I would think you have a problem with the sensor on the dash. It looks like a little ball in the center of the dash close to the windshield. You may have some papers or other obstruction blocking the sunlight on it. If not, consider turning the light knob down after the truck is on. That turns the auto light feature off. Your interior dash lights will be dim but that can be rectified by turning up the intensity next to the headlight knob.

Let me know if it helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would think you have a problem with the sensor on the dash. It looks like a little ball in the center of the dash close to the windshield. You may have some papers or other obstruction blocking the sunlight on it. If not, consider turning the light knob down after the truck is on. That turns the auto light feature off. Your interior dash lights will be dim but that can be rectified by turning up the intensity next to the headlight knob.

Let me know if it helps.
there were nothing blocking that little ball my light knob is off but every time i turn on the truck all of my exterior lights comes on. the truck came with daytime running lights but i don't see anything on the dash that allow me to turn off any feature like that.also it's not the running lights it's all of them.

·
Banned
8,969 Posts
When you look at the knob that controls the lights, it should have 3 positions- lights, running lamps, and off. When you turn the truck on, turn the knob opposite the way to turn on the lights. It won't actually click, but it will turn the outer lights off.

Turn the knob so the toggle turns towards the dome light control. It should turn the lights off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts