GM Inside News Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:( I own a 2002 Envoy, nothing but annoying problems since I got it.

1. The rear suspension leaks like a sieve (the compressor cuts in every minute or so), and after 4 attempts the local GM dealership hasn't been able to find the leak. They say it's normal for the rear end of the vehicle to raise up and down a cm or 2 every couple of minutes. What crap!

2. It's had the door seal problems, fixed, thankfully, although the drivers door has never closed correctly since I purchased the vehicle. If you are on the highway at any more than 70 or 80 kmh, any amount of side wind will haul the top of the door open scaring the hell out of you. It's funny I guess, until a couple of weeks ago my wife almost drove us into the ditch when it happened.

3. The mirrors whistle much better than I ever could. You would think with the millions of dollars into research GM puts into a vehicle they could make a mirror that doesn't whistle. When on the highway I put a 1 cm ball of window putty on the seam on the top of the mirror, it causes enough wind flare to stop the noise.

4. Noise, noise, noise. The GMC Envoy is an awfully noisy vehicle for 40+ K dollars.

5. Engine knocking. At 30 Kms, the engine has never been what one would call smooth and quiet. Lately, however, it is producing a nice profound lower end knock. I guess one of these days I'll have a connecting rod or something come through the bonnet. It's kind of cool having a GMC product that sounds like a Ford PowerStroke diesel. I'd refer to the Duramax, but the Duramax is much quieter.

Outside of the listed problems, and the totally abhorrant service provided by my local GM dealership, if it hadn't cost me so much money, I would push it over a cliff.

Next vehicle will be a horse, at least if it annoys me like this Envoy, I can shoot it.
:zap:

John

·
Registered
776 Posts
Hhmmm....that sounds crazy, I have a couple of friends and co-workers with Envoy's or TB's and they have had zero or minor problems. (one guy's headlight had condensation in it) Some of them are high-mileage too. Maybe you got the lemon.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Unfortunately I've heard lots of problems with the Trailblazer/Envoy, especially the 2002s. I've actually gone so far as to talking my father out of one (he buys used usually). I wouldn't want a bad experience to kill his confidence in GM, as a lemon of a 1993 Ford Taurus led both my parents to write off Ford, and my mother WON'T EVEN LOOK AT ANY AMERICAN CARS! :( I wish you the best of luck, and I'm sorry that this rotten apple has soured your GM buying experience.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.