GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to lower the spare tire on the Blazer I just bought last week. I put 30x9.5 general grabbers on it and I wanted the tire guys to change out the spare but they couldn't get it down. I've heard of the cables jamming or snapping but my problem is different. The spare tires on my s10 pickups has been straight forward but this is weird and google is no help.

There is no shaft to turn between the hole in the rear bumper and the crank mechanism above the spare tire. I stick the tire iron through the hole in the back bumper and there is nothing to rotate to lower the tire. I am at a loss. Any ideas? Do I just not understand the mechanism's procedure?

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I took another look at this after work. I dug around the back looking for a two peice crank, no luck. I then stuck the tire iron in the hole in the bumper (even though there was no shaft attached leading to the middle top of the spare like I and the tire shop thought there should be, it really looks like something is missing) and I started turning it. The spare tire lowered no problem. Maybe I won't bring it back to the same tire shop to have the spare changed out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.