GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
sept 5th was 2 years with my 2007 g5 gt. the car has been done it all with me. i learned to drive stick on it. learned to dray race at the track on it. i also learned how to drive a car with more then 115hp lol.(my old sunfire). this past weekend me and 3 of my friends took a 6 hour road trip to NH. we drove the car up MT washington its 6288ft up. the car did great on the way up and all the way down. in the 2 days we where gone we did over 600miles and 1 tank of gas. avg we got about 40mpg. the car now has 24124 miles on it. its never seen snow or salt. its kept in a heated garage all winter. this has been the best car i have owned. everywhere i go i get people telling me how nice it looks. my friend that was with me also did some driveing. he has a 2002 GTI 1.8t VW and he said that my car is much more nicer then his in everyway. well here is some pics i have taken over the 2 years i have had the car.

the day i drove it home

·
Registered
11,898 Posts
Your G5 looks pretty sharp, and the functional hood is pretty cool too.

FAIL to the Altima dude, he should have got one of Nissan's SUVs, or went around the rock though I admit I did dent my rocker panel on my '92 Explorer in a similar situation

·
Registered
505 Posts
random question, in just about every pic I see of the corporate radio, have the screen is blank (looks like its dead) and the rest is there, is that just the angle the shot is taken or is there a prob with the display?

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Your G5 looks pretty sharp, and the functional hood is pretty cool too.
What? The hood is functional? I don't think that the engine and intake piping is postioned for the scoops to feed the engine air... is it? I just took out the rubber blockers on my hoodscoops so that some "cooling" air can blow into the engine bay.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
What color is that on your ride?? I keep forgetting, but I think it's __________ orange metallic??

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
What? The hood is functional? I don't think that the engine and intake piping is postioned for the scoops to feed the engine air... is it? I just took out the rubber blockers on my hoodscoops so that some "cooling" air can blow into the engine bay.
yup the hood is real. the 2 vents duck out right over my intake and seal together. on the highway you can really feel and hear it sucking in air i love it haha.

What color is that on your ride?? I keep forgetting, but I think it's __________ orange metallic??
gm calls it sunburst orange Metallic but i call it burnt orange for short.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts