GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When we picked up our Denali from the dealership back on August 21, 2008, I noticed right away that the Seat Belt Comfort Holder on the 2nd row passenger seat was broken. It was no big deal. It just meant that my oldest daughter would have to sit on the driver's side because the belt didn't sit properly on her shoulder without it. Our salesperson ordered the part right away. With subsequent follow-up calls, we were told that the part was back-ordered.

A few weeks ago, we got a call from our salesperson telling us that the part had finally come in and that someone from the service department would give us a call to arrange an appointment. That appointment was today and I was told that it would be quick, that it would be done in about an hour. However, when I checked back in an hour they had said it was not finished yet. Despite me seeing our Denali in the service area with no one around working on it, we waited for ANOTHER HOUR for them to tell us that they had ordered the part and to make another appointment. AAAARGH! I waited, wandering around the dealership for over two hours with my wife and 19-month daughter, just for them to tell me that they didn't have the part?!!! Do you know how challenging it is to keep a 19-month-old occupied for over 2 hours?!!!!

To be fair, I did ask them to check a few other items. They pulled a fuse to disable the heated windshield washer system (because the parts for fixing the recall aren't available) and replaced a missing clip on a splash guard. Oh yeah, they put a meter on the battery to test it, too. But is that really worth 120 minutes?!!

This is totally frustrating because the whole point of making this appointment was to fix the seat belt. It was NOT for them to pull a fuse. I would NOT have driven 45 minutes--each way--to the dealership and waited over 2 hours just to have them pull a fuse!!!

I talked to the service advisor afterward to voice my dissatisfaction. He said simply that they did not have the part. He had no explanation why we were called and told that the part was in. He also had no explanation for why we were made to wait over two hours for them to tell us that. He did offer us that the next time we came in, they could install the part very quickly because it was not a complicated thing. Now that's good to know. Their 5 minutes of work is going to really make my 90 minutes of travel time, really worth my while. Aaarrgh!!!!!

So the bottom of the 2nd page of my invoice says:

"You may receive a survey from General Motors in regards to your last service visit with us. If for any reason you cannot answer "COMPLETED SATISFIED" please call us at ###-###-#### thank you."

Well, since that number is the number to the service department, and I already voiced my frustration to the service advisor with limited satisfaction, I'm really, really, really hoping that GM sends me that survey!

Anyway, thanks for letting me vent.

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
Yeah, that's frustrating. The worst part is that they should have told you right away so that you didn't waste your time. Personally I could accept the part not being there (still frustrating, but it can happen), but being made wait two hours to find out is a little much!

Still, it can happen anywhere. Just bad communication, I imagine. Hopefully next time the part will be ready to install and you can just drop in and take off in 5 minutes. Enjoy your Denali!

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Thats what happens when sales people try and handle service stuff. Doesnt excuse the other stuff and I would be po'd too. And to top it off it doesnt sound like they were very apologetic.

Here is my advice if you want it. Give them a perfect survey, but at the bottom of the survey where the comment section is, tell it like it is. That way they know you had them by the balls, but chose the high road instead. They should in theory, kiss your butt from here on out. At least thats what i would do if I totally screwed the pooch and then still got a good survey. If you burn them, might as well find somewhere else to go because it wil only be worse next time.

There is an art to dealing with customers, and an art to dealing with dealers as well. If they continue to treat you like crap, go in for some very minor one line repair to generate a survey, then burn them to the ground on it.

PS: The only customers who get surveys are original owners, who have owned the vehicle at least 60 days, and have not be previously surveyed in the last 90 days.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Oh sure bash the dealer on a survey.That is gonna start a real good relationship.The reason you were there so long was they were proably scrambling to find another seat belt comfort clip off another truck.You should blame your salesman not the service dept.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Is it "bashing" if you simply fill out the survey honestly? Rate your satisfaction on a scale of 1 to 5--shouldn't people be answering honestly anyway? What's the point in conducting a survey if people don't answer honestly?

Regardless, I'm leaning towards taking shadams' advice. My whole sales experience was absolutely phenomenal and top notch. It was the best treatment I had from all the dealerships I went to (Cadillac, Mercedes, Audi, Infiniti, Honda, Toyota, Lexus, Land Rover). I just wish the Service Dept didn't drop the ball like that.

If they truly spent the time looking for the part on another vehicle, a simple statement of that fact would have changed everything. Instead, after 1.5 hours when I asked how much longer it would take, they told me they had no idea. When I got my keys back and asked the service advisor directly why it took that long to tell me they didn't have that part, he shrugged his shoulders. Seeing someone shrug their shoulders doesn't inspire confidence. How do I know it's not going to happen again? It makes me think maybe I should look elsewhere for service next time.

What would have changed how I felt? Him saying:

"I'm sorry, I don't know why it took that long. It was unacceptable and I'll make sure that never happens to you again."

Is that unreasonable to ask?

·
Registered
902 Posts
Well I can understand your frustration.But first off you need to understand how a service dept works.Just because you have an appointment at whatever time does not mean your vehicle is gonna get into the shop right away.It's just like when you go to the doctor and have an appointemnt at time x and have to wait untill the doctor is ready to see you.It is not like there is a mechanic just waiting for your particular car.You have to understand that other cars are there also not just yours.You can do what you want as far a survey.But like others have stated you are not gonna get a service survey until the truck is 60 days old.You will get a sales survey first.Just remember that techs/advisors/service managers etc allways remeber a bad survey.I am sure they will get your part and take care of it for you.I keep a mental list of bad surveys that I get.

·
Premium Member
2,431 Posts
Well I can understand your frustration.But...Just remember that techs/advisors/service managers etc allways remeber a bad survey.I am sure they will get your part and take care of it for you.I keep a mental list of bad surveys that I get.
I've been on both sides so I can empathize, but with all due respect your attitude is a big problem with GM and customer service after the sale.

When we bought our second Jeep the dealer was giving us the run-around so my wife called to check on it and the Sales Manager berated her, cursed at her, and said some pretty nasty things. I went in face-to-face and told him that it was unprofessional and that I'd be bringing it up with Chrysler, LLC. His attitude didn't change, so on our survey I told them what was up. I ended up speaking with three different customer care folks at Chrysler. When the last one called, some manager of widgets or something, I dropped the bomb about the immediate family member who is an employee. The attitude changed. That's when I got mad. It wasn't a really big deal until they realized that we were part of the family.

My point is as the market becomes increasingly competitive the better GM's customer service, the better the reputation will be. Every customer is a conquest. They could have bought a Toyota and they still might. Don't give them a reason.

·
Premium Member
15,292 Posts
Oh sure bash the dealer on a survey.That is gonna start a real good relationship.The reason you were there so long was they were proably scrambling to find another seat belt comfort clip off another truck.You should blame your salesman not the service dept.
Well I can understand your frustration.But first off you need to understand how a service dept works.Just because you have an appointment at whatever time does not mean your vehicle is gonna get into the shop right away.It's just like when you go to the doctor and have an appointemnt at time x and have to wait untill the doctor is ready to see you.It is not like there is a mechanic just waiting for your particular car.You have to understand that other cars are there also not just yours.You can do what you want as far a survey.But like others have stated you are not gonna get a service survey until the truck is 60 days old.You will get a sales survey first.Just remember that techs/advisors/service managers etc allways remeber a bad survey.I am sure they will get your part and take care of it for you.I keep a mental list of bad surveys that I get.
You're the reason why GM service departments get bad reputations. There was no excuse for the delay in this situation. He was called and told the part was in AND THE SERVICE DEPARTMENT MADE THE APPOINTMENT! So they should have known at that point why he was coming in. And to take all that time to tell him they didn't have the one thing he was there to get is inexcusable.

And you want him to lie on the survey? And what's worse, you imply that you retaliate against customers that don't think you did your job properly? That's unprofessional and is only going to result in further bad survey results.

Why is that? So you can do a shoddy job the next time it comes in?!? That sounds pretty unprofessional, if that's what you're getting at.
Agreed.

When I had my Saturn and the local dealership closed, the next closest dealership (45 minutes away) would come to my house to pick it up any time it needed a servicing or for warranty work and return it with my receipt at the end of the day.

If this is such an easy item to fix, they should send a tech out to your house to make up for you going there for nothing the last time.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I would call GM customer service right now, instead of waiting for a survey that may not come, or perhaps call that number on the invoice they gave you and see if they'll do anything for you should you receive a survey. But to be honest, I don't think GM does anything about the surveys anyway. I know from the multitude of bad service I get from GM dealers (save the Saturn one), GM has to be getting tons of unsatisfied surveys. I have yet to see anything change.

As for the people who are defending the service department in this example, are you serious about keeping customers? It boggles my mind that anyone with any business savvy would let their service department treat customers like this, especially since dealerships supposedly get most of their money through LOYAL CUSTOMERS who use their service department.

·
Premium Member
36,289 Posts
Yeah, that's frustrating. The worst part is that they should have told you right away so that you didn't waste your time. Personally I could accept the part not being there (still frustrating, but it can happen), but being made wait two hours to find out is a little much!

Still, it can happen anywhere. Just bad communication, I imagine. Hopefully next time the part will be ready to install and you can just drop in and take off in 5 minutes. Enjoy your Denali!
Should have told you right away? Accept the part not being there? It can happen? Wait two hours?

WTF???

Salesman called, service dept called and made an appointment. The part's not in but nobody knows and nobody bothers to inform the "customer?"

This is not bad communication, this is utter incompetence. Making excuses for a bunch of morons will not make service any better.

And GM dealers wonder why they're on the brink? I doubt this dealer wonders, he's probably in lala land.

Well I can understand your frustration.But first off you need to understand how a service dept works.Just because you have an appointment at whatever time does not mean your vehicle is gonna get into the shop right away.It's just like when you go to the doctor and have an appointemnt at time x and have to wait untill the doctor is ready to see you.It is not like there is a mechanic just waiting for your particular car.You have to understand that other cars are there also not just yours.You can do what you want as far a survey.But like others have stated you are not gonna get a service survey until the truck is 60 days old.You will get a sales survey first. Just remember that techs/advisors/service managers etc allways remeber a bad survey.I am sure they will get your part and take care of it for you.I keep a mental list of bad surveys that I get.
Thanks for the explanation. I hope not all techs keep an enemies list, so they can presumably jack the customer around the next time he's in.

Brilliant.

Here's a hot tip, Chevelle: Keep going like this and you won't have to worry about this customer too long. You can line him out of your enemies list.
Check the Toyota dealer down the street, that's where you'll see his Denali.
On the used car lot.

Does anyone ever wonder why GM is in trouble? Do you ever have that discussion at your dealership? :confused::eek:

You're the reason why GM service departments get bad reputations. There was no excuse for the delay in this situation. He was called and told the part was in AND THE SERVICE DEPARTMENT MADE THE APPOINTMENT! So they should have known at that point why he was coming in. And to take all that time to tell him they didn't have the one thing he was there to get is inexcusable.

And you want him to lie on the survey? And what's worse, you imply that you retaliate against customers that don't think you did your job properly? That's unprofessional and is only going to result in further bad survey results.

Agreed.

When I had my Saturn and the local dealership closed, the next closest dealership (45 minutes away) would come to my house to pick it up any time it needed a servicing or for warranty work and return it with my receipt at the end of the day.

If this is such an easy item to fix, they should send a tech out to your house to make up for you going there for nothing the last time.
No kidding. Blaming the customer for being upset and wasting his day because of stupidity or incompetence is a great way to get on that other list...the one of GM dealers whose doors will be closing in 2009. Brilliant.

I would be barraging GM HQ with letters if this behavior pattern were inflicted on me. First to hear would be the owner, not some dumbass manager. And then it would go up the chain of command.

Your last sentence is the solution to the problem. It's a matter of acting professionally or putting the customer on an enemies list.

Does anyone ever wonder why GM is in trouble? This behavior makes enemies for life, never to return to a GM dealer.

I would call GM customer service right now, instead of waiting for a survey that may not come, or perhaps call that number on the invoice they gave you and see if they'll do anything for you should you receive a survey. But to be honest, I don't think GM does anything about the surveys anyway. I know from the multitude of bad service I get from GM dealers (save the Saturn one), GM has to be getting tons of unsatisfied surveys. I have yet to see anything change.

As for the people who are defending the service department in this example, are you serious about keeping customers? It boggles my mind that anyone with any business savvy would let their service department treat customers like this, especially since dealerships supposedly get most of their money through LOYAL CUSTOMERS who use their service department.
Nothing to add to that. Does anyone ever wonder why GM is in trouble? :fall:

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
same here, i do remember every car that rolls in

·
Registered
336 Posts
I would voice my concerns to GM Service, and find a closer dealer to have the service done. Dealers are privately owned business and there are good and bad ones, Toyota dealers included.

Those that "remember" bad surveys, if it is to adjust your customer service for the better then the survey did its job, but if it is to punish the customer.......PLEASE go work somewhere else GM does not need you screw up customer confidence anymore.

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
My car was at my GM dealership for over two months being repaired as a result of an accident. It was in the body shop and the service department. After I picked up my vehicle I was sent a letter with my invoice stating what was done by the service department. Along with the invoice was a generic letter stating a survey would be sent and they would appreciate having the survey filled out and sent back. What was interesting is that they showed a sample question in the letter with the highest rank circled. This was done by hand by someone before they sent the letter out.

I thought it was amusing because it seemed as though they were trying to push me to fill in the survey in their favour as if I couldn't make up my own mind when filling this thing out.

·
Premium Member
36,289 Posts
My car was at my GM dealership for over two months being repaired as a result of an accident. It was in the body shop and the service department. After I picked up my vehicle I was sent a letter with my invoice stating what was done by the service department. Along with the invoice was a generic letter stating a survey would be sent and they would appreciate having the survey filled out and sent back. What was interesting is that they showed a sample question in the letter with the highest rank circled. This was done by hand by someone before they sent the letter out.

I thought it was amusing because it seemed as though they were trying to push me to fill in the survey in their favour as if I couldn't make up my own mind when filling this thing out.
That is exactly what they wanted from you. Most new car salesmen I have dealt with stressed the importance of top-flight scores.

Too bad nobody at GM (or the others) has figured out a way to go past these stupid, largely counterproductive surveys.
The only acceptable answers for the dealers/GM are top answers. Yet few businesses achieve 10s in 10 categories. It becomes a farce, it is a farce.

I can tell by some of the responses here many here do not earn their wages by a variable...such as 73Chevelle & myself...

Nice spin on some of the responses that this must only be a "GM problem"...blanket ignorant statements like that really piss me off.

**** happens and many customers do not understand that things occur....many people are unrealistic in today's world...sure this OP has a beef, and a very legitimate one...While I don't agree with 100% of what 73Chevelle posted... he is a technician who likely is on a flat rate pay scale and who has to efficiently manage his time & efforts for every job he works on...he does not directly deal with customers...so deep down who cares what he thinks or not...just so long as he repairs the vehicle correctly & efficiently!

Stargazer is right on....they should have been right up at the service writer after 1 hour, IMO much less 2...and that write should have been informing the customer what occurred...
I'd be pissed too...and clearly this dealer does deserve the poor CSI rating...as there is no reason why a customer should be left in the dark...
I hear of many dealers who are sub-par and many of those dis-satisfied folks seem to end up at my store, as I know for one...GM sends them here because of our high CSI scores and the AVM knows our service manager is brutally honest.

I well remember the customers who have slammed us...no matter how well you serve them, and accomodate them, you still get slammed on a survey!!!
I could name off 5 or 6 people right off the top of my head who slammed us for no legitimate reason...one lady who actually got kicked out of her selling dealer as well as 2 other stores because of her piss-poor attitude, so GM sends her to us!!! Only for us to get slammed for no reason...as she had an axe to grind with her original dealer...WE ARE NOT the orioginal dealer & fixed her concern!!! Get real!
It's a thankless job sometimes, and it isn't just a GM issue...I could tell plenty of stories about other car mfr's and their dealers as well from customers of my dealership who left to buy another product, only to return to us again.
Several legitimate points.

Having dealt with customers, or the public, for years, I know many of them expect the world or more and have a chip on the shoulder. Many are just stupid.
My first long-term job in high school was at a discount store. We waited on customers, hauled fertilizer or furniture out to their vehicles, etc.
My best friend and I worked there for several years, and our personal motto was "the customer sucks" because we dealt with so many dipsticks who appeared unable to tie their own shoes, much less operate in a real world of imperfections and consequences.

You do point out that the OP should have been up to the counter before two hours elapsed. IMO true, that's his responsibility to attend to his own time.
However, the service writer or the mechanic who got the vehicle or the parts dept. should have known there was no part.
Letting customers wander the dealership for two hours while a vehicle sits with no prospect of getting work completed is just utter incompetence.
Double double incompetence because the dealer called the customer and said the part was in and made an appointment.
Who's on first?

Disturbing was the strong implication that a service tech will remember a customer who does not give a great survey, and that something might happen to that sucker's vehicle next time.
Long ago, I worked at a car dealership for a couple of years, and I know this matter is discussed among mechanics. I have heard those discussions.
An experienced wrench knows numerous ways to sabotage a vehicle so the damage won't show up for a week or a month or 5000 miles in the future.
That is not only immature, but seriously unethical. And stupid.
Cut off your nose to spite your face, anyone?
Just the discussion, never mind if the idea is acted on, opens the mechanic and the dealership up for enormous liability. And possible legal charges.

Such talk is insane in a world where people sue, and win, because they are stupid enough to spill coffee in their fat lapz, and where major corporations are in fights for their lives.

While I asked the GM question several times, I know this happens at other dealerships. No corporation is free of human error or human stupidity.

But I have been to many GM dealers where they seem oblivious to the trouble they're in. Unlike the old Avis ads, they don't try harder.

The corporation is like the government, they have a Titanic-style bureaucracy that probably impedes rather than facilitates improved policies and proceedures. If it's been done that way for 20 years, and we're still in business, why change?

Read The Toyota Way by Jeff Liker, or On A Clear Day You Can See General Motors by J. Patrick Wright to see sad illustrations of how Deming's lessons were followed by some and ignored by others, why the superficially intelligent can be so strategically stupid.
Pride goeth before the fall.

Tiny e.g.: Needed an air filter for the Impala.
Support your local dealer!
I went to the nearby B-P-GMC dealer. Twenty bucks for an air filter?
Thanks, but no thanks. Six or seven bucks at the NAPA store. WTF?
Need a wheel? Pay $200+ for a black steel wheel at the dealer. Or go online and pay 70 bucks (went up from 50).
Maybe it's the same at the Toyota store. If so, they too are stupid. An air filter costs them maybe three bucks, a wheel maybe 30. Or it should.
The dealer is the last place I go for parts.

Remember the discount store I worked at in high school? The owner had more money than he knew what to do with. He bought at wholesale (60% of retail) and sold at 70%.
Don't like your couch? Return it, no questions asked.
He was the original Wal Mart.
People came back time and again. Customers sent their friends, even their in-laws. They got a good deal, were well-treated (even by us dumb teenagers), and there was no question that the boss stood behind his merchandise.
Oh yeah, the store looked like a dump, but that didn't keep customers away.

If he'd demanded three times what the market got for his couches and peat moss, he'd have closed his doors shortly after opening them.

And what the surveys said wouldn't have mattered.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I am not the normal customer for the local Chevrolet service center. I manage a fleet and use a local dealer for service including oil changes. I don't care what an employee says but if I make an appointment for service and you don't take my appointment seriously and tell me the appointment was just to bring the car in and by no means gives my a place to have the car worked on in a timely manner I will go elsewhere. Then you can be assured I will voice my concerns with management and GM. I not only service this fleet with the dealer but I purchase from a dealer and can take these purchases to any Chevrolet Dealer in town. In the past one dealer lost all of our business due to the attitude of the service department employees. I am not afraid to complain nor am I intimidated by threats of bad service if I do complain. With the number of units I have and the amount of money we spend it's your loss.

The new dealer we switched to really wants our business and shows it. We now have service done when we request it and they even wash each unit before we pick it up. They also thank us for our business. The old dealer could have cared less.

So if you find yourself unhappy with a dealer or it's service department take your business to another. In todays times they can't afford to lose very many customers. The attitude some have will be what closes them down in the end.

So as you can see I don't agree with giving a good survey on bad service. IF you suck you need to fix your problem or close down. I would hope if you get enough of these bad surveys you would lose your job or at least lose some money.

·
Registered
17,579 Posts
Really, I am constantly being on both sides of the business, and I remember my customers that were less than satisfied (they don't have to fill out any surveys for me to know that). I remember them because I keep in mind I have to make it up to them as soon as possible, and I can't screw up anymore, because otherwise they're gone.

There are "real world circumstances" and "unrealistic expectations", but you have to manage them. Either do not make a fixed appointment by an hour, make sure the part's there before you call, call the customer in advance if the part isn't there to cancel, give him a lift or a loaner if the wait is longer than supposed, or at least apologize and make an effort to show you're serious about the customer's satisfaction when you've screwed up.

Oh, one more thing - do realize that you've screwed up. When you're in service, the customer doesn't care that all the folks up the line screwed up. He or she sees you - and it is your job to make sure everything's fine.

I've quit a job when I couldn't be sure that the other parts of the chain would enable me to serve the customer properly.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Is it "bashing" if you simply fill out the survey honestly? Rate your satisfaction on a scale of 1 to 5--shouldn't people be answering honestly anyway? What's the point in conducting a survey if people don't answer honestly?

I think these GM surveys are a JOKE! Everyone throws them down your throat during the entire process..."Remember to fill out "COMPLETELY SATISFIED" or we fail. It's not just one dealer...the last 4 GMs I have bought were all at different dealerships, and all reminded you 10 times throughout the transaction to fill out "COMPLETELY SATISFIED." Each also made sure to mention that even if you weren't completely satisfied, you should fill out that way, and "contact us" so we can make things right. Service department isn't quite as bad as the sales staff, however, I always have the sample questionnaire stapled to the invoice, with the example "Completely satisfied" circled once or twice.

First off...why should I lie just so the dealer can make an extra couple bucks on good surveys? If my experience wasn't 100% Completely satisfying, I think I should tell GM about it. Otherwise, how are they or the dealer ever going to fix their mistakes? If the dealer fails to show me the service department when I buy the vehicle (which is one of the questions on the questionnaire), I am lying by filling out "completely satisfied." Even if I call the dealer, and let them know this...what are they going to do...invite me down (taking time out of my day) to visit the service team for 30 seconds? Yes, I know this isn't a HUGE deal, but if one of the things they are supposed to do during the delivery process is missed...even if it's not a huge deal...why should I lie in order for them to make their perfect score quota for the month??? Telling the truth is what is going to ultimately (or SHOULD ultimately) resolve the issue. This will show GM and the dealer where training needs to be done.

Secondly...nobody is 100% perfect. It's unrealistic to believe that GM or the Dealers expect to be 100% perfect. Things slip through the cracks. Maybe the dealer forgot to show me how to use a feature on the car. He or she did a great job...but they weren't perfect. Why should I fill out "CS" instead of a true score on how I felt. "Yes, the dealer did a great job...BUT, he missed this or forgot that." Again, this is how GM or the Dealer can make adjustments to training, to make the customer experience better....not by LYING on a survey.

Therefore, unless I received excellent, top notch service from the sales or service departments (I'm very laid back, understand "***** happens, and am not overly difficult to please)...I don't even waste my time with the survey. It's not woth my time to lie....and to be honest, and rate truthfully just gets a phone call from the dealer berating you on how "they didn't get their bonus this month..." Which is another issue in and of itself.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
whats really nice is when you (the mechanic) get screwed in the deal because either the parts dept. or the service writer causes a problem, either it be a wrong part ordered or an promise time that is not reasonable or other stupid things that screw you over for no reason. problem is thats my money they are dealing with now, so when people mess with my money then that becomes quite the issue. its stupid because if one person doesnt get there crap right then the whole group has to suffer. makes no sense at all. i have lost alot of money because of stupidity from an advisor. and it irritates the piss out of me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I thought I would give the conclusion to the first chapter of my GM-vehicle ownership.

Of course, the service advisor who handled my vehicle never called me like he promised he would the next week.

Instead, I got a message from the service department to follow-up on that first visit. They again reminded me that if I could not fill in the survey "Completely Satisfied" to give them a call. They specifically mentioned filling out the portion regarding the service advisor. Of course, I gave them a call right away but found out that the person got off work at around 2 or 3 o'clock. I left a message saying that I was very interested in talking to them. The next time they called, the lady talked to my wife who briefly explained what happened to us. According to my wife, all the lady did was offer excuses--no apologies. I don't understand why they want us to call them if they don't attempt to make us feel better :confused:. I didn't even bother calling her back again because I felt it would be futile. Besides I teach all day and she got off work before I would be able to talk to her anyway.

So it actually took 3 weeks for the part to come in. I had basically given up on it when I got the message. I called back to schedule an appointment right away. I made no mention of my past experience. The person I talked to didn't know exactly what had come in but did say two parts had arrived. I asked if one was for the heated-washer recall and he said yes, probably, and he would schedule it in. I had a bit of trepidation, but went ahead with the appointment.

I'm glad to say that it went 100% better than my first experience. Because it was on a Saturday, I not only had my 20-month-old, but also her 3 older sisters--the entire family (including my 37-week pregnant wife) would be hanging out at the dealership while we waited. I didn't see my original service advisor, but someone else helped me and told me that the mechanics were just coming back from lunch and they would probably have everything done in an hour. He asked if I was sticking around and took my cell number just in case.

Forty minutes later he called me and said the work was done. I was very surprised and much more impressed: I have no problems filling out "completely satisfied" for that kind of service.

So after 3 months, I can finally say that the "purchase" process has finally been completed. The defective part that I noticed at the delivery of vehicle has been replaced. And the money the dealership had overcharged me on accessories (almost $200) was refunded.

Now I can finally enjoy my Denali without reservations.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts