GM Inside News Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I have a Gen 1 And just picked up a Gen 2. Gen 1 has 134k miles on it. Front brakes are original, only real real cost to me was to have the rear calipers, rotors and breaks replaced. They locked up and ruined the rotors. My wife was the primary driver and would get 44 miles in the summer, warmer weather, when running heat she would crush it down to 22 at its worst in the winter on the coldest days, at its highest setting. We drive the speed limits or slightly above. The car delivers on its design parameters.
Just purchased a Gen 2, 2018, only 18k miles on it. Again I drive it at the speed limit or 5 above, so far im getting 64 miles per charge. I changed positions at work, and no longer have a company vehicle, so I need something more economical, where I park they have level 2 chargers that are free, so I figure that even on the coldest days I will never have to use gas. It’s 25 miles one way. Driven conservativey, and if you can charge at work, and you can save a bundle on gas.
I live in western Pa, and per my son who lives in the Philly area it’s about 10 degrees warmer out there than here in the winter, so your use of heat might not be as bad as here. I would recommend a Gen 2 if you want one, would still have a factory warrant, or parts of it.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
So it looks like the Volt is out and I'll be looking at either regular smegular Cruze or its diesel counter part (I would looove to name the diesel Cruze "Big Daddy Cool").

The "commute" won't be too much of an issue should this move happen,it's a straight shot and at 5am on 295 there aren't a lot of dummies on the road...Going home,whelp that's another issue.

I drive for a living so the 1hr behind the wheel to and fro won't phase me (hopefully). However, I'm spoiled now as work is 13 mins away.

Time will tell how things will def play out with the impending move. I hoping we stay in the area that we're in now,but a nicer town or will Delaware be place we end up.

Again,Thank you all who put in their 2 cents about the Volt (glad I asked). 😁

21 - 23 of 23 Posts