GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hail and well met!,

Looks like in the near future 6 month to a year (maybe sooner maybe later) the Buttons conglomerate maybe moving out of state which would put me, Mr.Buttons an 1 hours drive away from work.
With that happening I'm going to need a new to me ride. I have been seriously considering a 1st gen Chevy Volt for to and from work duties and wanted to know what you guys felt about the Volt.
Pros and Cons, your experience(s) with them (repairs,longevity so on and so forth).

Any insight into the 1st gen Volt would be greatly greatly appreciated!.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys!. My commute, should it happen will be approx 55mi one way (from the top tip of Delaware to Central South Jersey).

The Volt seemed like a logical choice,but I had started to look at 1st gen Cruzeses (or is it Cruzi) too,just in case if the Volt hype was just that and for what I need it is.

Looks like from what Ed is saying Cruze hunting is what I'll be doing.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Bud!.....Cruze diesel eh? 🤔🧐...Does the diesel come in a fisrt gen wrapper?....I wonder how costly they are to repair if needed and part availability for that matter......I mean gas could come real easy....near free if I play my cards right......

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That sounds like a whole lotta traffic and explains why you are looking for a first gen, presumably to get a lower cost as you'll be putting an official crapload of miles on your car.
Yes Sir! Don't want to shell out alot of buckage for something I'm going to run the wheels off.

Traffic is nasty,but since I leave for work an hour before rush hour I am hoping the ride will be mostly idiot free.....Going home on the other hand,might cause me to have stroke...lol..on some days...time will tell.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
So it looks like the Volt is out and I'll be looking at either regular smegular Cruze or its diesel counter part (I would looove to name the diesel Cruze "Big Daddy Cool").

The "commute" won't be too much of an issue should this move happen,it's a straight shot and at 5am on 295 there aren't a lot of dummies on the road...Going home,whelp that's another issue.

I drive for a living so the 1hr behind the wheel to and fro won't phase me (hopefully). However, I'm spoiled now as work is 13 mins away.

Time will tell how things will def play out with the impending move. I hoping we stay in the area that we're in now,but a nicer town or will Delaware be place we end up.

Again,Thank you all who put in their 2 cents about the Volt (glad I asked). 😁

1 - 6 of 6 Posts