GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First....what I 'traded up' from.....(1993 Ford Taurus GL 3.0)

Now.....the Mark (pics taken after a thorough wash) :D

5.0 liters of Detroit Goodness......:D

These things are a PITA to clean.....soon to be replaced by some mags (and new tires)

The Clarion deck included w/the car (want to swap this out for a Kenwood Excelon KDC-492)

The previous owner did a rather sloppy job wiring up his head unit....going to have to re-glue that strip of carpet on the passenger side of the console too.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
175,779 when I bought it

175,880 now (went back home this weekend.....50mi there/back = 100mi)

·
Registered
8,636 Posts
175,779 when I bought it

175,880 now (went back home this weekend.....50mi there/back = 100mi)
I figured I was reading the odometer wrong, I originally thought it said 1.7 million miles. Must of been a decimal. :D

How does it drive? Any mechanical or electrical issues?

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I figured I was reading the odometer wrong, I originally thought it said 1.7 million miles. Must of been a decimal. :D

How does it drive? Any mechanical or electrical issues?
Other than the brakes/exhaust that I took care of this weekend, it drives beautifully.......the airbag suspension setup was replaced with regular coil springs which makes it a tad bit stiffer, but IMO, I really can't complain.

The ABS Control Module is shot....(is an issue on these cars...see my other thread)......would probably cost north of $2k to fix, but the brakes still operate a-ok.

·
Registered
8,636 Posts
Other than the brakes/exhaust that I took care of this weekend, it drives beautifully.......the airbag suspension setup was replaced with regular coil springs which makes it a tad bit stiffer, but IMO, I really can't complain.

The ABS Control Module is shot....(is an issue on these cars...see my other thread)......would probably cost north of $2k to fix, but the brakes still operate a-ok.
Impressive, I feel your pain with the ABS. The ABS on our Accord went twice. Enjoy your new vehicle, it sounds like you have an excellent car.

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
Nice looking car!

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You would've had to have been in the backseat when my dad got in for his first ride......we turned on to a major street......the exhaust is rumbling (hadn't worked on it yet).....I stepped on it....exhaust roared......he turns to me and is like "My son's got himself a ghetto cruiser....." :lmao:

Ehh....not quite pops, but I do have a pair of fuzzy dice waiting to go up once I glue the rearview mirror on ;)

·
Registered
13,173 Posts
Great photos! Thanks for sharing..

Does your state require that the brakes (ABS) work or is that not a problem for passing inspection?

Does n't make sense to fix the abs at 2 grand...(OUCH)

Great car for 2 grand investment though..

Really great style!

Best of luck and have fun

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great photos! Thanks for sharing..

Does your state require that the brakes (ABS) work or is that not a problem for passing inspection?
Nebraska, to my knowledge, doesn't have car inspections........

The side & interior shots are my favorites there ;)

·
Registered
13,173 Posts
Thanks for the heads up about not having inspections.. in his home state..

I see more cool cars here in NJ sitting in driveways with failed inspections because it costs too much to fix some dumb @ss inspection issue

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Did you wash the engine bay? I'm not sure if you're supposed to on a car of that vintage, but it looks a little dusty in there.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Did you wash the engine bay? I'm not sure if you're supposed to on a car of that vintage, but it looks a little dusty in there.
No.....didn't do any washing.....:lmao:

I should really get under there & clean out all the nooks & crannies carefully, but that strikes me as another afternoon-killer.......will have to wait on that ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.