GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

from the article:
This 1990 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z is said to be one of 34 5-speed 1LE performance package equipped cars and shows just 123 claimed accurate miles on the odometer. Designed for SCCA Showroom Stock racing, the ILE offered upgraded brakes, suspension and other pieces included when a carefully selected mix of add-ons and delete options triggered fitment of the rare package on the assembly line. Many were bought and mothballed with hopes for a future, COPO-like rise in value, but this is the lowest mileage example we’ve seen yet. car is for sale on eBay in suburban Chicago, Illinois with no reserve.

23 pictures and full article

·
Registered
19,351 Posts
Wow - very nice! I always loved the Iroc-Z! Though if it came down to it I'd go with the Firebird Trans Am, I always thought it looked even better. Black with a gold chicken on the hood!

·
Super Moderator
14,201 Posts
This car's been for sale for a while. I think the dealer wanted around 35K for it. For the right buyer, it should worth every penny. When else will you find an essentially new 1LE, five speed?

·
Registered
11,898 Posts
http://www.ebay.com/itm/201249120988

the direct ebay link

It's dumb that with the 1LE you still couldn't get the 5.7L/350 with the 5 speed

I like how the original oil filter is included, too.

·
Super Moderator
14,201 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Beautiful car! Love the color too. Our local Toyota dealer has a 1990 Supra Turbo thats never left the showroom, less than 60 miles on it, he want's 70k for it though. I love this time capsule stuff.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Great color too ! But the Elcheapo interior ?? A sweet ride in 1990...overwhelmed by 5.0 sales though. I know that was what I was driving at the time.
1LEs got the base interior for weight savings. The 5.0 G92 M5 was actually quite quick and not too far behind the 350 G92. Many people didn't know that you needed that combo to get the potent one. Charlie did though lol.

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Production ended Dec. 1989 for the '90.

That was why I ran out and bought a new 1990 Formula. Never cared for the 1991-92 "Banshee"-inspired front end, which always looked tacked-on to me. And few of those new front end clips ever seemed to line up perfectly with the rest of the car.

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Chevy dealer wouldn't give me the time of day when I mentioned ordering a IROC without A/C.
Even told them the option code was 1LE and they blew me off with a "never heard of such an option".

·
Registered
11,898 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,201 Posts
But it's alright for use in a special ordered track car...
As with the rest of the line up, the 1LE could be had with an LB9/T5 combo or the L98/700R4 combo. GM didn't want to pair the T5 with anything which produced more than 300 ft/lbs of torque.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts