GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market place for a 99 or 00 Grand Prix GT or GTP. I have been shopping around and found some for around $ 8,000 (American). I would buy a new one but I cannot afford it. I get my license in 2 months and I am looking for a solid, reliable (domestic) car that I can easily modify. I was also looking at 99-01 S-10's but they dont really appeal to me that much when it comes to the interior. Anyway, does anyone know if there was any recalls or reliability problems with the 99-00 Grand Prix's? I would really appreciate everyones inpute, or suggestions for what else I can get at around $ 8,000 (American). Before everyone says it, I cannot get a Camaro/Firebird (even though I would love to have one). Simply because of insurance costs and the fact that my father thinks I would kill myself in it. Thanks alot everyone, looking forward to your input.

-Nick

·
Registered
27 Posts
I like my Grand AM. You might want to look at those too. Grand Prix has more aftermarket as of now, but stuff for us is growing.

www.grandamgt.com

Check it out.
If you want a roomy car get a Grand Prix, but if you want a smaller car with sportier looks, go with Grand Am.

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have taken a serious look at the Grand Am, but they do not appeal to me as much as the GP. The GP just appeals to me much more, better styling (in my opinion), the 3800 V6 is a very strong and reliable engine. Plus, everyone within 100 miles of where I live owns a Grand Am, you never really see a 99 GP 2-door around here. If anyone has any other suggestions I would love to hear them, I am a very open person when it comes to shopping for an automobile (especially my first one).

·
Registered
71 Posts
For a step up in class, you shouldn't have any problem finding a nice 1998-99 Olds. Aurora - the original body style with the strong Northstar V8 for @ $8,500.

Mileage on the Olds will be higher than that of a similarly priced GP, and if customization is high on your hobby list then go with the Pontiac. Maintenance and repairs will also be much more complicated and expensive on the Olds.

I wish they never changed that original body style.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts